bhp question after a remap with Amd

fdussud

Reaction score
I am thinking about going to Amd for a remap as they are the closest to me but after looking at many competitor's web-sites, they seem to have the lowest power gains.

Are their power gain figures at the wheels or at the flywheel?

I would also like to know what others have gained in bhp with an Amd chip. (Please let me know if it is at the wheels or flywheel.)

Thanks

All remaps deliver between 250-265bhp at the flywheel and between 270-300lb/t depending on how much boost it runs midrange.
There's loads of different tuners and opinions.

Dont worry about the figures, as said above they all produce about the same. If AmD are the closest I would go for them.

Lots of people on here have the AmD map and love it (including me) so go for it.

i have had 2 amd remaps. the second and current one has been causing me problems and next tuesday will be the 5th time i've gone back for a solution. Lets hope there's not going to have to be a 6th...

Depends what you want....

My first S3 had the APR remap which was really aggressive but ran out of steam in the higher revs.

My current S3 has the AMD remap which is no where near as aggessive, much smoother and pulls to the red line.

Depends whether you want aggressive acceleration with little top end or whether you want a smooth power line all the way to the revy red line!

Thanks for everyones input. As many people seem to be pleased with Amd I think I will go with them.

I must say they helped me out last saturday when my haldex control unit was acting up and they fitted a used one, only charged me for labor as they did not have any new ones in stock.

Cheers to Amd