problem in gear after chaning cylinder head

aviel131

Reaction score
hello,
i changed my cylinder head and connected everything back to its place.
after i started the car its idle ok and when i shift to any gear and let go the cluth i hear bad grinding noise and the car shakes.
what can cause this issue and how should i fix it?

Clutch maybe. Maybe gear linkages if you fidled with anything on the block or gear box. Sorry dude hope you find the problem

i cleaned the oil and water passages in the block with 6bar compressor
maybe its push sludge to the gearbox oil?

I can only think it must be clutch related. Could be your clutch slave cylinder. Have you checked your break fluid level. If not check it and it is possible to bleed you clutch. There is a bleed nipple on top of the gearbox near the gear linkages. I just dont see how doung your head would effect gearing or clutch did ypu do any other work on the car.

I can only think it must be clutch related. Could be your clutch slave cylinder. Have you checked your break fluid level. If not check it and it is possible to bleed you clutch. There is a bleed nipple on top of the gearbox near the gear linkages. I just dont see how doung your head would effect gearing or clutch did ypu do any other work on the car.

no only cylinder head replacing, i am affraid to brake the gearbox because when i am engage the clutch little bit the car shakes and make bad noise.

It must be clutch related ... I suggest that you take your car to someone with a little more mechanical experience. .. there are many people on this forum with plenty of knowledge its just hard to give advice on a problem when there is something going wrong that is not being explained properly. Sorry man... I have tried.

i fully engaged the clutch in reverse and the car not moving at all!
what can cause that?

Thats weird. So the gears are grinding in the forward gears but reverse isnt and its not moving the car at all. That could be pointing toward a gearbox or clutch issue.

if my intake manifold is leaking and my exhaust manifold is not connected it make different?

Well how is car even running.. and how are you asking questions about your gearbox when you engine hasnt even been put back together in full yet. I suspect you knew something was wrong with your gearbox and thus you were testing it before putting the whole lot together. Otherwise you would have finshed assembling your car and then tested it. Or you are playing yhe fool here on the forum and thats just not cool... anyways good luck.