EM TuningChris Nott
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624

    Prefacelift Indicator

    Hi folks. I just got my indicator smashed on my 99 S3 when someone reversed into it! Does anyone know if the indicator is specific to the s3 or would an indicator from any prefacelift a3 fit?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Quote Originally Posted by metricspaces View Post
    Hi folks. I just got my indicator smashed on my 99 S3 when someone reversed into it! Does anyone know if the indicator is specific to the s3 or would an indicator from any prefacelift a3 fit?
    It's S3 specific, the A3 one will fit, but the S3 one has some nice chrome bits inside to match the xenon's. They are around £45 each from Audi aswell!! lol



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  4. #3
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Hmm...I never noticed any chrome bits on mine. Must look at my indicators again. Where are the chrome bits on the indicator?

    Here's a prefacelift S3. I don't see any chrome bits on the indicator? Looks like a standard A3 one 1391_audi-s3-1999-05.jpg

    Here's a standard A3 one A3Indicator.jpg
    Last edited by metricspaces; 28th April 2014 at 10:11.

  5. #4
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,389
    If its the same as the A4, the Xenon cars have a clear fronted indicator to match the Xenon unit.

    The non-xenon cars have a sort of frosted front to both the headlamp and indicator.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  6. #5
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Here is my indicator (cracked down the bottom!). I don't see any chrome bits on it and it looks like a normal A3 one to me?

    MyIndicator.jpg

    I rang Audi parts dept. and they seem to have two different part numbers and two massively different prices!
    • 8L5953050 S3 (€103.28)
    • 8LO953050 (€54.25)
    Last edited by metricspaces; 28th April 2014 at 10:49.

  7. #6
    CMcKenzie's Avatar
    It's supposed to do that..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    283

    My Social Networking

    Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Where are you? I've got a spare one from when I fitted my facelift lights
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

  8. #7
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    Where are you? I've got a spare one from when I fitted my facelift lights
    Thanks! But I'm the other side of the water I'm afraid - I'm in Dublin

  9. #8
    kwistof's Avatar
    South East Events Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kent
    Posts
    2,283

    My Social Networking

    Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by metricspaces View Post
    Here is my indicator (cracked down the bottom!). I don't see any chrome bits on it and it looks like a normal A3 one to me?

    MyIndicator.jpg

    I rang Audi parts dept. and they seem to have two different part numbers and two massively different prices!
    • 8L5953050 S3 (€103.28)
    • 8LO953050 (€54.25)
    As aragorn said above I can now see the difference...

    Check the link below as you can see it clearly behind the 'sold out' banner lol.

    Turn signal indicator - &euro;34,36 - 8L5-953-050 - HoffmanCarparts

    I never knew there was a difference tbh - and I had to replace both of mine 2 years ago and I bet I have A3 ones.

    Every day's a school day
    2000 S3 APY

    18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

  10. #9
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    As aragorn said above I can now see the difference...

    Check the link below as you can see it clearly behind the 'sold out' banner lol.
    I see what you are saying. I'm not 100% convinced though.

    That link you reference is most likely an after market part, which could explain it looking cheaper. That page lists the part as 8L5953050 which is the part number from the S3 (the A3 part number is 8L0953050). So mostly likely this looks different because it is a cheap replica.

    So what do you reckon my indicator below is? A genuine S3 one? Or an A3 one?

    MyIndicator.jpg

  11. #10
    kwistof's Avatar
    South East Events Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kent
    Posts
    2,283

    My Social Networking

    Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by metricspaces View Post
    I see what you are saying. I'm not 100% convinced though.

    That link you reference is most likely an after market part, which could explain it looking cheaper. That page lists the part as 8L5953050 which is the part number from the S3 (the A3 part number is 8L0953050). So mostly likely this looks different because it is a cheap replica.

    So what do you reckon my indicator below is? A genuine S3 one? Or an A3 one?
    Read this...doesn't sound like they sell non genuine original VAG parts tbh

    About HoffmanCarparts.com - HoffmanCarparts
    2000 S3 APY

    18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

  12. #11
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Sorry, picked you wrong there. You reckon the S3 indicator is clear glass and the page you link to has an indicator with clear glass !

    So the A3 has frosted glass and the S3 has clear glass\plastic. I wonder is that the only difference? The price of the S3 is double the price of the A3 - all this price increase just because of the glass?

  13. #12
    Gops's Avatar
    6th gear @7000rpm

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,640
    I may have a spare.. PM me which side and I'll check.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

  14. #13
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    I may have a spare.. PM me which side and I'll check.
    Thanks. PM'd you the other day. You get it?

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Posts
    56
    I have spares from buying a second set of preface lift Xenons from here to refurb my Xenons with...came with indicators which are fine on mine! PM me if interested.
    2000 S3 - Cactus Green
    2001 B5.5 Passat V6 TDI

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi S3 prefacelift indicators
    By actualeddie in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th October 2012, 05:14
  2. removal of small wing side indicators?..
    By rockstar in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th May 2008, 11:35
  3. S6/A6 side indicator bulbs
    By Kevshann in forum General Technical / How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th July 2003, 19:00
  4. Rapidy falling service indicator
    By SSS in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th March 2003, 19:26
  5. Clear Indicator Bulbs
    By Moresauce in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd January 2003, 01:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO