Urgent help please! Front windscreen wiper motor

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Supposed to be taking a long drive today, woke up this morning and flicked the windscreen wipers only to find that they juddered horribly and then stopped part way and now won't move at all - believe the wiper motor has gone.

What's the part number? Audi S3 8L X-reg APY.

Gonna try and somehow get it fixed today :S

Thanks!
Aran

go to a breakers mate, any wiper motor from an A3/S3, mk4 golf, or mk1 leon will work. I paid £20 for one and it was a 30 minute job to change over.

Thanks Prawn - couldn't get anything in the end so had to hire a car...bummer!

Gonna get a new part: anyone know the part number for the front windscreen wiper motor? What about linkages? (although I presume it's just the motor). Once motor comes I'll fit it, just want to make sure I get the right part number. 1C0955119? or 1J1 955 113? 1J2 955 113? I've seen them all...

Thanks!

Suggest you remove the linkage and the motor and see which is seized. On the A4 its a common fault for the linkage to seize up rather than the motor. The wipers gradually slow down (over a period of months) before seizing altogether. The linkage can be taken apart if not too seized, regreased and put back together, but this normally only lasts another year or so. Never known this to be a common fault on the S3 though.

Suggest you remove the linkage and the motor and see which is seized. On the A4 its a common fault for the linkage to seize up rather than the motor. The wipers gradually slow down (over a period of months) before seizing altogether. The linkage can be taken apart if not too seized, regreased and put back together, but this normally only lasts another year or so. Never known this to be a common fault on the S3 though.

I've seen it far more on the Mk4 golf and A3 than on the A4's, If you clean the bushings up well and replace the rubber O-rings, with some decent grease they will go on for years.

Well I took it all apart and it does seem like the motor is simply past it's time. For those interested, the motor part number is: 1J2 955 133 A and linkage is 1J2 955 325.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll get a new motor / linkage set from breakers