8v gearknob fit the 8l s3

c3jys

Reaction score
Hi as title states does the 8v gearknob also the fit the 8l ive seen threads that the 8p fit but does the 8v . I have an 8l s3 2003 . Thanks

Uploadfromtaptalk1398289891274Uploadfromtaptalk1398289907680

Will that fit my 8l ive just won it on ebay lol

Sory i mias read the thread i thought u had already fitted it ... it shouldnt be to complicated to fit but i would risk spending the money until u have seen one fitted to a 8l or at least seen the underside of the gear knob (or under the leather gaiter )

Will that fit my 8l ive just won it on ebay lol

I was watching that one! Nice win! Hope it fits. I searched and couldn't find the answer. Someone will no doubt know, and I guess you'll find out once you've got it too! Good luck

I was also watching it. Was intending to bid on it but for some reason the ebay app never notified me that it was about to finish like It should do :/

What sort of price do they go for out of interest?

Sold for £47.50. The guy said it was out of his 14 plate s3, as he had an R8 knob to go on. Listed on ebay new as £110

Reactions: kwistof
Looks good, a nice little upgrade at a decent price too.

You should be able to make that fit....I know people have done the 8P conversion, so I dont see how this can be much more different to that.

I was bidding on that! Well done looks awesome put pics up when you have it fitted :)

Can't see it being a problem, but if not just leave it on your kitchen table and pretend your driving an 8v s3 , like air guitar but air driving, if you want to be a pro you can make some 4 pot turbo noises to go with it . ;-)

something like errrrrm tshhh, vrrrrrrrrm tsh, vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm tus soooooo ooo oo

Reactions: voorhees and Lavis89
Waitin for it to come then will update . Messged the guy he says tranferin money into bank account once cleared will post out. Which is very weird not my problem for his own transaction to transfer hmm

Waitin for it to come then will update . Messged the guy he says tranferin money into bank account once cleared will post out. Which is very weird not my problem for his own transaction to transfer hmm

Transfer should be instant. Used to take 4-5 days for paypal to transfer to bank. But mine appears in my bank account as soon as I transfer now. Been like that for ages now.

See how we get on .hopefully dont have through headache

i'd mail him, if you haven't already. And then ebay.

This is the second time ive seen the knob on sale from him. The first time it sold for about 51 quid. And then within the next 5 minutes it was relisted (when you won it)

I did mail him to ask why it had been instantly relisted and he replied (quote):

"Some idiot bidded then messaged me 5 mins before end to cancel I left it as didn't read it in time! Annoying"

I'm always wary of shill bidding, and this to me seemed a prime example. Maybe he just didn't get what he wanted for it, again. As I said before, paypal to bank transfers should now be instant. But even when it never used to be, it would only take 5 days.,.....

Then again, I could be wrong....

I have mailed him he said its been sent i can assure should be with me tmrw or mnday if its not arrived by then . I shall open an ebay case. I realised his feedback after which isnt pretty good. So now the waiting game

The gearknob has been fitted looks amazing thanks to ma mate who helpd bit of a pickle but was ok

Wow this looks suprsingly good in the facelift S3. The plastic cable tie probably isn't the safest thing to use though, getting the metal OEM clip is probably the safest bet (if it fits of course). But looks great!

Had to use cable tie as the plastic clips on the gearstick are diffrant is dosent move at all but going to change the leather gaiter and try a diffrant clip nex weekend hopefully

Yeh doin that on weekend i just wanted it fitted lol be the first

Is it the clip for the gaitor that's different or the actual gearknob?

Is the knob fitment same as the 8L in terms of the rod shape etc?

The clip is diffrant as you put the clip on, the leather on the gaiter gets abit tight for the clip to slot into the rod. If that makes sense my mate did it for me lol

Could you not reuse your original clip? Did you get the new gaitor with the knob?

New gaitor dont fit alot bigger but goin to try taking staples out and try it

Yes thats correct and the jubilee clip sits in so dnt go loose reason by i used cable tie for temporary

I'm debating wether to get an 8p S3 knob, your 8v S3 knob or the A3 8v sport knob...

gu7azepe.jpg

8v . The 8p has been done few times now go for something diffrant if your local to me come down have a look

8v . The 8p has been done few times now go for something diffrant if your local to me come down have a look

You are quite local to me. I'm based in Hudds.

Are you free tonight? We are having a meet at The Old Post Office in Bretton if you fancy popping down?

What do you think to the A3 8V knob as i posted in above pic?

Shaun.

Thats nice too but i saw price tag lol. Sadly finish work around half 7 so dont get chance to pop down. Am only in batley

Thats nice too but i saw price tag lol. Sadly finish work around half 7 so dont get chance to pop down. Am only in batley

We are usually there while 9-10pm ish if you change your mind....

Shaun.