JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By IrishDave
  • 2 Post By kwistof

Thread: Advice on upgrades s3

Reverse Gear

Status

Advice on upgrades s3

Hi guys I'm getting a s3 very very soon n what I would like to do is keep up/ beat my mates one has a skoda rs sitting around 23zo/250 bhp and my other mate is in a focus st sitting on 320is, so that's my aim I don't want to be the slow one lol. I know I could get another car I could just jump in n whoop em but i really like the s3s n have done for a long time. My question is what will I need to do to get the results I'm after?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Save some money. To beat the RS is going to cost you. First thing you will need is new rods, bigger turbo, intake, intercooler, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, injectors, re map, brakes, suspension, wmi.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The s3 I'm looking at is running 270ish so it has the following tip, fmi, remapping, cat back, induction kit probably few other bits I don't knowv

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Save some money. To beat the RS is going to cost you. First thing you will need is new rods, bigger turbo, intake, intercooler, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, injectors, re map, brakes, suspension, wmi.
    To beat a Skoda VRS? Didn't think they was that quick.
    S3 AMK (AKA FUTURE CLASSIC )

Mods So Far: PCV Delete, N249 Bypass, S2K Filter, Black Side Indicators, FMIC, B5 TIP, Rear Anti Roll Bar, Polybush Upgrade.

Mods Wanted/Planned: Wheel Spacers, Moar Silicone, 3" Downpipe, Decat, Debadge Rear Rings, Spray Front Rings, 8P/V Gear Knob, REVO!!!!!!!

MISC: Sort Out Paintwork...

Because It Makes No Attempt To Be Great, It Is Therefore Extremely Great.

Reverse Gear

Status
    They might not be I'm hoping a s3 will beat it lol but it's the st I want lol

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Youl piss on both with a stage1-2 s3. Vrs nothing too special,ST has too much torque to handle, thatl only beat you in high mph pulls

3rd Gear

Status
    Doh i read Focus RS.
    voorhees and Freeman_1986 like this.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ah so if I hit the 300bhp mark I'll be in safe running with them I won't look like I'm going back wards?

Could you guys list the recommended brands to use I.e rods etc please I've never gone to this depth on a car before

Status
    A lot of time took to compile a wealth of knowledge here
    A3/S3 FAQ / How To's / Tuning Info STICKIES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    You haven't even got the car yet.....so how do you know you will get beat? lol

What are you trying to even beat them at? Drag? Twisties? Braking? Weight?

Read through the link Voorhees has put up- all your unanswered questions for what you need to beat your mates will be there.....

ps may want to give it all a proper health check as soon as you get it - before you wring it's neck and start throwing more mods at it that is
    voorhees and 16Klappe like this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's going for a full service including water pump belt n rear axel health check etc

ill read that link thank you

1st Gear

Status
    very important good exhaust manifold (badger5), bbt k418t hybrid turbo