Advice on upgrades s3

glen84wood

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm getting a s3 very very soon n what I would like to do is keep up/ beat my mates one has a skoda rs sitting around 23zo/250 bhp and my other mate is in a focus st sitting on 320is, so that's my aim I don't want to be the slow one lol. I know I could get another car I could just jump in n whoop em but i really like the s3s n have done for a long time. My question is what will I need to do to get the results I'm after?

Save some money. To beat the RS is going to cost you. First thing you will need is new rods, bigger turbo, intake, intercooler, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, injectors, re map, brakes, suspension, wmi.

The s3 I'm looking at is running 270ish so it has the following tip, fmi, remapping, cat back, induction kit probably few other bits I don't knowv

Save some money. To beat the RS is going to cost you. First thing you will need is new rods, bigger turbo, intake, intercooler, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, injectors, re map, brakes, suspension, wmi.

To beat a Skoda VRS? Didn't think they was that quick.

They might not be I'm hoping a s3 will beat it lol but it's the st I want lol

Ah so if I hit the 300bhp mark I'll be in safe running with them I won't look like I'm going back wards?

Could you guys list the recommended brands to use I.e rods etc please I've never gone to this depth on a car before

You haven't even got the car yet.....so how do you know you will get beat? lol

What are you trying to even beat them at? Drag? Twisties? Braking? Weight?

Read through the link Voorhees has put up- all your unanswered questions for what you need to beat your mates will be there.....

ps may want to give it all a proper health check as soon as you get it - before you wring it's neck and start throwing more mods at it that is

Reactions: 16Klappe and voorhees
It's going for a full service including water pump belt n rear axel health check etc

ill read that link thank you

very important good exhaust manifold (badger5), bbt k418t hybrid turbo