Audi S3 MAF

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
Sowhile trying to sort some running issues, i discovered that when i unplug my MAF the car runs waaaaaay better. I ordered a new one and plugged it in and it runs worse than ever!!

Is there something i need to do after i plug the new one in? do i need to do a throttle body reset? and if so, how do i go about it

Did you get a Bosch Maf from tps? As this is a must don't use eBay or eurocarparts as they are crap.

Mark

As long as its a Bosch one then you should be fine... I have used Bosch sensors from GSF and ECP as well as TPS and all run fine... non Bosch ones as already said are actual rubbish...

<tuffty/>

...but scan for fault codes all the same.. preferably using VCDS

<tuffty/>

I've had 2 Bosch ones from ECP. Both were crap, so I just have it unplugged now. It may use a bit more fuel that way, but runs better and CBA with the hassle....

Have heard of rouge ones from ECP... generally get mine from GSF to be fair as ECP never seem to have stock... my current MAF sensor is from GSF..

<tuffty/>

While you're on the subject...

How do I get the MAF out the holder? I thought the 2 screws were security torx but I've tried a few from T20 to T30 I think but they won't quite fit in. Are they Torx?

hmm sounds like Torx bits come in differing point counts then

Thanks. Can go back to cleaning my MAF this weekend