poly bush dog bone engine mount

jay22s3

2nd gear sorts em out
Reaction score
help please ! today i changed my dog bone engine mount with one i bought off here with poly bushes , i seem to be getting more vibration now on tick over is this usual ? anybody else noticed this after changing from oem to poly
any replies welcome cheers

Yes... its stiffer and will transmit vibrations from the engine... if its brand new bush they settle down after a while... if its a previously owned one then it may settle down a bit more but by design vibrations are to be expected...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: jay22s3
Yes that is a common issue. What colour bush did you go for? Lots of people go for the yellow one and find vibrations in the cabin too much and revert to the red diesel mount which is an uprated item with minimal vibrations. This is what I have and can vouch for it.

yes its the red one with the small purple one in the other as with anything new takes time to get used to it cheers for the reply's much appreciated

Found somewhere that it only needs 12lb of torque to do it up. Followed this advice with my yellow Powerflex bush and there has been absolutely no extra vibration! Passed this on to someone else, and they've had the same experience.

yes its the red one with the small purple one in the other as with anything new takes time to get used to it cheers for the reply's much appreciated

The red one alone didn't add and extra vibration to mine. The harder purple front one will probably be what is introducing the vibes.