Headlight washers won't go down!

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
My headlight washers seem to be stuck. I've pulled them out further to test the springs and they seem fine, it's as if they're supposed to stop there!

anyone have any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

washers1.jpg

washers2.jpg

Mine too! Although not as badly as yours.

Hope someone knows ....

Cheers

Bit daft I know, but has anyone tried giving them a good thump? they only push out under water pressure and one of mine did this very slightly ages ago so I gave it a thump and it popped back in - worked fine ever sinse (strange yours have both done it).

Hmmm, will give it a bit of a thump at lunch, but as both have done it, not sure that will solve it.

I preffered them when they didn't have a jet washer (pheasant incident), i stuck t down and it looked fine! Wash the car enough to not really need them anyway!

Has anyone got a solution for this (other than thumping them, that doesn't work!).

Cheers

I eventually got QST to do it, they said that they had to just fiddle with them, as it was as if they didn't fit properly! Not sure what was going on there!

Great, cheers, I'm going to QST myself at the end of the month, so will get them to take a look.

What windscreen wash are you using mate? If you are not using the audi recomended fluid then perhaps its clogging up?

Someone on here had a similar problem the other week and it seemed to point to the halfords windscreen wash he was using. Perhaps you could try pouring warm water arounf the area to perhaps try breaking up some of the hard stuff thats built up.

Just a thought..

[ QUOTE ]
What windscreen wash are you using mate? If you are not using the audi recomended fluid then perhaps its clogging up?

Someone on here had a similar problem the other week and it seemed to point to the halfords windscreen wash he was using. Perhaps you could try pouring warm water arounf the area to perhaps try breaking up some of the hard stuff thats built up.

Just a thought..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm going to stop using Halfords screenwash, that might be the problem. My rear washer stopped working as well, but seemed to clear itself eventually.

I'll try the warm water round the lights. They're only sticking out a tiny amount, hardly worth worrying about, but I'm a fussy S3 owner!

try pulling them out with your fingers and checking beind to see of any crud has lodged behind them and not allowing them to close properly