• 2 Post By Prawn
  • 2 Post By vrbob
  • 3 Post By vrbob

Thread: Badger 5 - results inside

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Badger 5 - results inside

Hi Peeps,

Well my trip to B5 yesterday was a bit deflated as I was hoping I had a good car as I had tried hard to make it as good as possible in prep for this mapping.

Turns out I was driving a bit of a time bomb oops. Got to B5 and the guys got to work first off was a smoke test which went well albeit a slight leak from the TIP adapter.

So once this was done they moved on to strapping the car down on the rollers to get an idea of how it was running. This turned out to be a bit interesting as my car was running ala a diesel (Whoops) so figures were interesting as I was getting 30psi and about 320torque!!!!!

So a bit of fault diagnosis was needed and Paul (Tuffty) Mark and Bill started to try n work out what the hell was going on.

First issue that was found was that when I fitted the new fuel pump the return fuel line had got twisted and was stopping the fuel returning to the tank so instead of 3bar mine was getting 4bar. This was fixed (mmm the smell of v power) and we moved on.

So the mapping process started and things were looking better but another issue cropped up as my smallish FMIC just couldn't cope with the heat the K04 produces when pushed and my Pre cat lambda was giving a few issues too.

Finally managed to get a good compromise on the balance of heat and fuelling and got a figure of 265bhp and the same in torque and its defo quicker than its been before in any of its previous setups on the revo software.

I am happy with the results (even though I was hoping for more) as the car was in a dangerous way before and I was lucky it had held together as well as it had.

So the conclusion is I need a bigger FMIC to cope with the heat and possibly a new pre cat lambda sensor.

Today I have already actioned this a bit as I have re-sealed the TIP adapter to try and eliminate that leak that was found and also removed the pre cat lambda for inspection. It was pretty sooty so have cleaned it up in the hopes it might work better now its clean.

I am gonna search for Intercoolers I think I can use and this will be next job as once I have done this I can do some logging to show Bill to see if the heat issue has been rectified and the car will work any better.

All in all it was a good day and my thanks goto Bill, Paul and Mark for there good banter and lots of great info plus of course all their hard work.

Cheers

Rob
    Nilz, <tuffty/> and Pubemammal like this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Ahh the woes! Rob it's better that you found out now! Just imagine if you had a stage 2 "flashed" on your car, would of been catastrophic! But I suggest a welly cooler for the fmic, more than capable for the power! Bill would of mapped it to a safe parameter until you get these sorted out, then go back for a map tweek
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Ahh the woes! Rob it's better that you found out now! Just imagine if you had a stage 2 "flashed" on your car, would of been catastrophic! But I suggest a welly cooler for the fmic, more than capable for the power! Bill would of mapped it to a safe parameter until you get these sorted out, then go back for a map tweek
    Bloody cars lol!

Its a permanent adventure and things are better as the time bomb was avoided! yeah I am looking for coolers welly cooler sized in dimensions but maybe a little thinner as this way it might be easier to keep the fogs and grills.

Still its not slow lol and I did get the 5 maps and Launch Control so things are good so can only get better with the improvements suggested.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Wellycooler will fit and keep fogs! Get some 63mm ends welded on or if your not too bothered in showing abit of pipe age, I did mine like this..
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397844607.728178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397844639.906600.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Status
    Will check out the welly cooler again as cant afford a AH Fabs one.

Also anybody recently purchased a pre cat lambda sensor for a BAM engine? if so where is the best priced one to be found that works?

Status
    Right......

I am on this as I would like to get the car running as best it can especially on its new software.

So I have done a couple of things to try and rectify the issues highlighted whilst at B5.

First off I have removed the 80mm TIP billet adapter as this seemed to have a small air leak which was discovered during the smoke test. So I have used some instant gasket and made the seal much better so I hope this will of solved the small leak.

I have also removed the pre cat lambda as during the mapping it was not reading right. It was pretty filthy/sooty so I have cleaned it up and re-installed it. If it does not improve I will look at getting a replacement.

Lastly in regards to my FMIC setup being too small and the uber hot K04 not liking it I have managed to order a Welly Cooler with 63mm outlets from Dan @ BeachBuggyTurbos so hopefully that will arrive soonish and I can get it on the car asap.

Once the new larger FMIC is on I will do some new logs to send to Bill to see if that has resolved the issue I encountered and see if the car has anymore to give.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I'd suggest you will most likely need a new lambda sensor sadly Bob.

living in the exhaust, it's not that unsual for it to be covered in exhaust soot

Looking forward to hearing how it goes with all the little bits done
    Pubemammal likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I'd suggest you will most likely need a new lambda sensor sadly Bob.

living in the exhaust, it's not that unsual for it to be covered in exhaust soot

Looking forward to hearing how it goes with all the little bits done
    Cheers Prawny

yeah I am guessing I do too but money being a bit tight at the mo what with paying for the new map and ordering a new FMIC I will see how it goes with the original one with the new cooler fitted. If its still being dodgy I will get a new one as I think I have found a genuine bosch one for about £70 Bosch Lambda Oxygen Sensor, Audi S3, 1.8 Quattro | eBay

So will do some logging first once the cooling is sorted and see how that goes

1st Gear

Status
    Bin the fogs and get yourself a 76mm innlet/outlet monster lol

westcoast a3 and Pubemammal like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffmanvp3 View Post
    Bin the fogs and get yourself a 76mm innlet/outlet monster lol

Couldn't have anything like that round here, the jubilee clips would be took off and weigh'd in the first night it's parked on street lol.
    jojo, Nilz, Lavis89 and 4 others like this.

silver sleeper

Status
    lol... monster it523eaf8a2efbe_1.jpg

seriously good luck tho fella
    kwistof likes this.
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

1st Gear

Status
    MONSTER IT!!!!!

IMG_2169.jpg
    S3 AMK (AKA FUTURE CLASSIC )

Mods So Far: PCV Delete, N249 Bypass, S2K Filter, Black Side Indicators, FMIC, B5 TIP, Rear Anti Roll Bar, Polybush Upgrade.

Mods Wanted/Planned: Wheel Spacers, Moar Silicone, 3" Downpipe, Decat, Debadge Rear Rings, Spray Front Rings, 8P/V Gear Knob, REVO!!!!!!!

MISC: Sort Out Paintwork...

Because It Makes No Attempt To Be Great, It Is Therefore Extremely Great.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Or, don't 'monster it', fit water meth, then it won't look like an S3 with a brace on.
    s3dave, superkarl, kwistof and 2 others like this.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by [Dave B] View Post
    Or, don't 'monster it', fit water meth, then it won't look like an S3 with a brace on.
    Or go for the size down from the Welly, with the 63mm outlets, fits perfectly, no trimming, no losing anything, and its coping fine with my k04 hybrid

1st Gear

Status
    My custom made frame which carries the monster fmic didn't need any bumper trimming other than removing the fogs.

5th Gear

Status
    Or the smart and easy option. Cable tie it to something!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffmanvp3 View Post
    My custom made frame which carries the monster fmic didn't need any bumper trimming other than removing the fogs.
    Yeh but your pipework hangs out the bumper looking horrible

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Or go for the size down from the Welly, with the 63mm outlets, fits perfectly, no trimming, no losing anything, and its coping fine with my k04 hybrid
    yet the OP its not enough for a stage 2 KO4

Status
    No cooler yet guess the posty has eaten too many easter eggs!

I am gonna do my best to keep the OEM look as that's what I want for my car so might take a bit of jiggery pokery so only time will tell if its possible or not. Looking at Gops`s install if he managed to keep the fogs and almost keep the grills it must be possible but as yet I am also unsure as to how the 63mm ends are fitted to the BBT/Welly cooler.

Im not keen on the water meth idea as that's a bit OTT for me so biggest FMIC I can fit is my answer lol

MAN OF STEEL

Status

best i could do with a wellycooler. 63mm piping, which will be painted matte black for extra stealth

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    yet the OP its not enough for a stage 2 KO4
    So he has the 550x225x64mm one currently? Odd that its keeping mine perfectly cool. I do have WMI, and a huge pile of other mods to go along with it right enough. But it was coping fine when I was at stage 2 too

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status

Although, as yet untested on a rolling road.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Does seem odd, jojo is close to that on standard SMICs...

RIP S3dave

Status
    depends on core construction.....
    Seems to me some are glued cores and they're shyte for heat dissipation compared to brazed cores..

lucky dip on supply perhaps. from different sources... both "branded" and egay - seen both have different constructions.. Glued dont work well.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post

best i could do with a wellycooler. 63mm piping, which will be painted matte black for extra stealth
    I like! Got any pictures with the bumper off?

2nd Gear

Status
    Really interested to see the results of the Welly cooler with smaller outlets...

Cooler I have is smaller, 550 x 230 x 65 with 57mm outlets - then piping increases on first bend to 65mm. Hope it's enough for stage 2.

Status
    Righto,

New cooler is on and have updated my FMIC thread to show the install here FMIC fitted :) (post 84 on page 3)

But for continuity here are a couple of piccies...

New cooler vs old

New cooler on the car

Bumper back on keeping fogs and grills

So will do some logging to send to Bill at B5 and then should be able to tell if my EGT`s are now at an acceptable level and also if my pre cat lambda is goosed or not.
    kwistof and russwuss like this.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JimS3 View Post
    I like! Got any pictures with the bumper off?

seriously impressed with Bobs result here tho! trumps mine
    vrbob and kwistof like this.

Status
    I am getting some of the brackets like in your setup SK as my spacers I made are a bit bodge tastic lol

And thanks mate I too was impressed I have got it back to an OEM look with a mahoosive cooler fitted!
    kwistof likes this.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Whoop whoop!

Think I need a trip down to Southampton soon bud!

Nice going mate, looks great! All about the OEM look
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Whoop whoop!

Think I need a trip down to Southampton soon bud!

Nice going mate, looks great! All about the OEM look
    It wasn't easy mate, Took me 2 days to get to this point and that's just replacing the cooler as I already had the pipework in place.

Still am sure its repeatable on another car

OEM FTW!
    <tuffty/> and kwistof like this.

Status
    Right next step done as managed to do a bit of logging as got some access to a private road.

from what I can see the new FMIC is doing its job as IAT`s were a lot lower than on the old setup

Group A: '112 Group B: '118 Group C: '031
    Exhaust Gas Enrichment Factor Bin. Bits Bin. Bits Engine Speed Intake Air Boost Pressure Boost Pressure Lambda Control Lambda Control Bin. Bits Bin. Bits
    TIME Temperature Bank 1 Sensor Bank 1 TIME (G28) Temperature (G42) Control (N75) (actual) TIME Bank 1 (actual) Bank 1 (specified)
    Marker STAMP °C % STAMP /min °C % mbar STAMP
    0.03 480 0 0.26 1600 20 0 1000 0.56 1.991 1.047
    0.86 470 0 1.16 1520 21 0 1000 1.46 1.991 1.047
    1.76 460 0 2.07 1440 21 0 1000 2.37 1.991 0.945
    2.68 450 0 2.97 1440 21 0 1000 3.27 0.906 0.945
    3.57 450 0 3.88 1480 20 0 1000 4.18 0.938 0.945
    4.48 455 0 4.78 1480 20 0 1000 5.09 0.93 0.945
    5.38 465 0 5.7 1560 20 95.3 1000 5.99 0.969 0.953
    6.29 470 0 6.6 1760 18 95.3 1140 6.89 0.906 0.914
    7.21 495 0 7.51 2080 18 95.3 1340 7.8 0.883 0.891
    8.11 520 0 8.41 2480 18 90.6 1670 8.71 0.86 0.867
    9.01 555 0 9.32 3000 17 40.8 1910 9.62 0.844 0.836
    9.91 615 0 10.22 3600 16 39.2 1980 10.52 0.844 0.836
    10.83 645 0 11.13 4160 16 39.2 2060 11.43 0.813 0.821
    11.73 695 0 12.03 4680 16 39.2 2090 12.33 0.805 0.821
    12.64 725 0 12.94 5160 16 39.2 2110 13.24 0.813 0.821
    13.54 750 0 13.84 5720 16 39.2 2150 14.15 0.789 0.821
    14.45 795 0 14.75 6160 17 39.2 2050 15.05 0.813 0.821
    15.35 840 0 15.65 6560 18 39.2 2030 15.95 0.813 0.821
    16.27 870 0 16.56 6920 18 39.2 1950 16.86 1.991 0.821
    17.16 890 0 17.47 6240 15 0 1360 17.76 1.062 1.047
    18.07 890 0 18.37 4840 16 0 1070 18.66 1.991 1.047
    18.97 855 0 19.26 3640 17 0 1040 19.57 1.991 1.047
    19.87 785 0 20.18 2600 18 0 1020 20.48 1.991 1.047
    20.77 735 0 21.08 1640 18 0 1020 21.38 1.991 0.945
    21.68 710 0 21.98 1040 19 0 1000 22.28 1.125 0.945
    22.58 680 0 22.88 800 20 0 1000 23.19 0.875 0.945
    23.49 665 0 23.79 720 20 0 1000 24.09 0.836 0.945
    24.39 645 0 24.73 720 20 0 1000 25.1 0.906 0.945
    134.02 500 0 134.32 840 24 95.3 990 133.73 0.945 0.945
    134.92 500 0 135.23 1240 23 0 1040 134.62 0.836 0.953
    135.83 510 0 136.13 1560 22 0 1050 135.53 0.883 0.945
    136.74 525 0 137.04 1320 21 0 1020 136.44 0.969 0.953
    137.64 540 0 137.94 1400 22 0 1020 137.34 0.969 0.945
    138.54 545 0 138.85 1360 21 0 1030 138.24 0.961 0.945
    139.45 555 0 139.75 1280 22 17.3 1030 139.16 0.984 0.945
    140.36 555 0 140.66 1440 21 0 1080 140.05 0.922 0.953
    141.27 560 0 141.56 1640 21 95.3 1100 140.96 0.906 0.961
    142.17 575 0 142.48 1880 21 95.3 1240 141.86 0.961 0.969
    143.07 580 0 143.38 2240 20 95.3 1450 142.77 0.922 0.906
    143.99 605 0 144.29 2680 20 73.7 1800 143.67 0.875 0.883
    144.99 635 0 145.29 3280 18 39.2 1900 144.62 0.883 0.852
    145.9 665 0 146.2 3800 18 39.2 2010 145.59 0.821 0.836
    146.8 695 0 147.1 4400 18 39.2 2000 146.5 0.836 0.828
    147.71 725 0 148.01 4920 18 39.2 2090 147.4 0.828 0.821
    148.61 745 0 148.91 5440 18 39.2 2100 148.31 0.789 0.821
    149.52 785 0 149.82 5880 18 39.2 2040 149.22 0.821 0.821
    150.42 825 0 150.72 6280 18 39.2 2050 150.12 0.828 0.821
    151.33 860 0 151.63 6640 20 39.2 2070 151.02 0.813 0.821
    152.24 885 0 152.54 6880 20 0 2360 151.94 0.813 0.821
    153.14 905 0 153.44 5360 18 39.2 2090 152.83 0.914 0.875
    154.04 910 0 154.35 5600 21 39.2 2160 153.74 0.805 0.828
    154.95 905 0 155.25 5760 21 39.2 2100 154.65 0.821 0.821
    155.85 910 0 156.16 5960 21 39.2 2050 155.55 0.805 0.821
    156.76 915 1.2 157.06 6160 22 39.2 2120 156.46 0.813 0.821
    157.67 925 5.5 157.96 6320 23 39.2 2020 157.36 0.774 0.782
    158.57 930 9.4 158.87 5360 21 0 1210 158.28 0.75 0.789
    159.46 910 0 159.77 4120 21 0 1060 159.17 1.991 1.047
    160.38 860 0 160.68 3040 21 0 1030 160.07 1.991 1.047
    161.27 815 0 161.58 2080 22 0 1020 160.97 1.991 1.047
    162.18 750 0 162.49 1240 23 0 1010 161.88 1.991 1.047

Status
    Log 2

Group A: '002 Group B: '118 Group C: '031
    Engine Speed Engine Load Injection Timing Mass Air Flow Engine Speed Intake Air Boost Pressure Boost Pressure Lambda Control Lambda Control Bin. Bits Bin. Bits
    TIME (G28) Sensor (G70) TIME (G28) Temperature (G42) Control (N75) (actual) TIME Bank 1 (actual) Bank 1 (specified)
    Marker STAMP /min % ms g/s STAMP /min °C % mbar STAMP
    0.02 720 27.1 2.38 3.83 0.3 720 33 0 1000 0.61 1.008 0.992
    0.9 720 27.1 2.38 3.86 1.31 840 33 0 1000 1.62 0.93 0.992
    1.91 800 32.3 2.38 3.67 2.21 760 33 0 1000 2.51 1.031 0.992
    64.37 760 31.6 2.38 4.14 64.67 720 36 0 1000 64.97 1.031 0.992
    65.27 1240 58.6 4.42 8.33 65.58 1560 34 0 1020 65.87 0.969 0.992
    66.18 1280 63.9 5.78 16.56 66.48 1280 33 0 1040 66.78 0.969 0.992
    67.08 1520 26.3 2.38 4.39 67.38 1480 31 0 1040 67.68 0.992 0.992
    67.99 1240 63.9 5.78 16.03 68.29 1400 32 0 1040 68.59 0.984 0.992
    68.9 1280 20.3 2.04 3.78 69.19 1200 31 0 1020 69.5 1.039 0.992
    69.81 1200 54.9 5.1 13.44 70.1 1240 33 0 1020 70.4 0.969 0.992
    70.71 1360 61.7 5.44 17.31 71.01 1400 32 95.3 1040 71.32 1 0.992
    71.61 1480 85.7 7.82 26.11 71.92 1600 29 95.3 1110 72.22 0.938 0.93
    72.51 1760 94.7 9.18 33.17 72.82 1880 26 95.3 1230 73.13 0.914 0.899
    73.42 2080 107.5 10.54 45.11 73.72 2160 24 95.3 1390 74.02 0.891 0.883
    74.33 2440 127.1 12.92 62.75 74.63 2600 24 82.4 1660 74.93 0.867 0.86
    75.24 2920 145.9 15.64 82.69 75.54 3080 22 45.1 1850 75.84 0.836 0.836
    76.14 3440 159.4 17.34 105.94 76.45 3600 21 45.1 1940 76.75 0.844 0.836
    77.05 4000 167.7 18.02 126.78 77.35 4160 21 45.1 2010 77.65 0.821 0.821
    77.95 4520 164.7 18.02 142.81 78.26 4680 21 45.1 2060 78.56 0.797 0.821
    78.86 5040 182 19.04 176.94 79.16 5200 21 45.1 2060 79.46 0.813 0.821
    79.76 5520 188.7 19.38 201.36 80.06 5680 21 45.1 2090 80.37 0.805 0.821
    80.72 5960 185 18.7 209.39 81.07 6120 21 45.1 2050 81.37 0.821 0.821
    81.68 6360 175.2 17.68 212.11 81.98 6480 21 45.1 2030 82.28 0.821 0.821
    82.59 6680 167.7 17 214 82.88 6800 22 45.1 2000 83.18 0.805 0.844
    83.48 6720 66.2 8.5 100.89 83.79 5200 22 45.1 1950 84.09 0.821 0.852
    84.39 5360 189.5 19.72 194.31 84.69 5440 23 45.1 2080 84.99 0.828 0.821
    85.3 5600 191 19.38 202.69 85.6 5640 23 45.1 2110 85.9 0.821 0.821
    86.2 5800 188.7 19.38 205.67 86.5 5840 23 45.1 2060 86.8 0.821 0.821
    87.11 5960 188 19.04 211.78 87.41 6000 24 45.1 2050 87.71 0.75 0.891
    88.01 5600 11.3 1.36 2.47 88.31 5120 23 0 1200 88.61 1.991 1.047
    88.91 4320 12 0 8.58 89.22 3960 24 0 1060 89.51 1.991 1.047
    89.81 3280 12.8 0 8.03 90.12 2920 27 0 1030 90.41 1.991 1.047
    90.73 2320 13.5 0 5.92 91.02 2000 28 0 1020 91.32 1.991 1.047
    91.62 1400 13.5 1.36 3.53 91.92 1200 30 0 1010 92.22 1.991 0.945
    163.13 720 20.3 2.04 2.97 162.54 760 33 0 990 162.83 0.953 0.945
    164.03 1200 74.4 7.14 18 163.43 800 33 0 990 163.74 0.93 0.945
    164.95 1400 82.7 7.82 23.5 164.33 1240 32 95.3 1010 164.64 0.891 0.945
    165.85 2720 108.3 10.54 61.53 165.24 1800 30 95.3 1090 165.55 0.914 0.906
    166.76 4200 54.1 3.4 0 166.16 3280 26 45.1 1520 166.46 0.875 0.906
    167.67 3320 143.6 14.62 108.36 167.06 3960 24 0 1390 167.36 0.867 0.922
    168.57 4280 168.4 17.68 139.03 167.97 3600 23 45.1 1910 168.27 0.86 0.852
    169.48 4960 18.8 2.38 0 168.87 4640 21 45.1 2000 169.17 0.836 0.844
    170.38 4040 167.7 18.02 132.56 169.78 3720 20 45.1 1730 170.08 0.883 0.86
    171.29 4560 169.2 18.36 147.08 170.68 4200 21 45.1 2030 170.98 0.828 0.828
    172.19 5040 184.2 19.04 175.94 171.59 4720 21 45.1 2020 171.89 0.797 0.821
    173.1 5480 190.2 19.38 198.42 172.49 5200 21 45.1 2060 172.79 0.813 0.821
    174 5960 183.5 18.7 209.75 173.4 5640 21 45.1 2080 173.7 0.813 0.821
    174.92 6400 173.7 17.68 216.61 174.3 6120 21 45.1 2050 174.6 0.805 0.821
    175.81 6600 46.6 3.4 0 175.21 6520 23 45.1 2030 175.51 0.821 0.821
    176.72 5120 175.2 17.34 194.25 176.11 5800 22 45.1 1490 176.41 0.844 0.883
    177.61 4400 12 0 4.83 177.02 5040 23 0 1690 177.32 0.828 0.906
    178.52 3320 12.8 0 7.92 177.92 4040 22 0 1100 178.22 1.991 1.047
    179.42 2360 13.5 0 6.06 178.83 3000 24 0 1040 179.13 1.991 1.047
    180.33 1480 14.3 0 4 179.73 2080 26 0 1020 180.03 1.991 1.047
    181.23 1000 15.8 1.7 3.19 180.63 1240 27 0 1010 180.93 1.991 0.945
    182.14 800 20.3 2.04 3.33 181.54 920 29 0 1000 181.83 0.977 0.945
    183.04 720 21.8 2.04 3.25 182.44 760 30 0 1000 182.74 0.875 0.945
    183.95 720 21.8 2.04 3.19 183.34 720 30 0 1000 183.64 0.891 0.945
    184.86 720 21.8 2.04 3.14 184.25 720 30 0 1000 184.55 0.938 0.945
    185.76 720 21.1 2.04 3.19 185.16 760 31 0 1000 185.46 0.969 0.945
    186.66 720 21.8 2.04 3.22 186.06 760 31 0 1000 186.36 0.969 0.945
    187.57 760 21.1 2.04 2.92 186.97 760 31 0 1000 187.27 0.961 0.945
    188.47 760 20.3 1.7 2.92 187.87 760 32 0 1000 188.17 0.953 0.945
    189.39 760 20.3 2.04 3 188.77 760 32 0 1000 189.08 0.961 0.945
    190.29 760 19.5 2.04 3.06 189.68 760 32 0 990 189.98 0.961 0.945
    191.19 720 19.5 2.04 2.92 190.58 720 32 0 1000 190.89 0.953 0.945
    192.09 760 19.5 1.7 2.97 191.49 720 32 0 1000 191.79 0.953 0.945
    193 760 19.5 1.7 2.92 192.4 720 32 0 1000 192.71 0.961 0.945
    193.9 720 19.5 1.7 2.83 193.3 720 32 0 990 193.6 0.969 0.945
    194.81 760 18.8 2.04 2.86 194.21 760 32 0 990 194.51 0.977 0.945
    195.72 760 19.5 2.04 2.86 195.11 760 32 0 1000 195.41 0.969 0.945
    196.62 760 18.8 2.04 2.81 196.02 760 32 0 1000 196.32 0.961 0.945
    197.52 720 18.8 1.7 2.72 196.92 760 32 0 1000 197.22 0.953 0.945
    198.43 720 18.8 2.04 2.83 197.84 720 33 0 1000 198.13 0.961 0.945
    199.35 720 18.8 2.04 2.72 198.73 720 33 0 1000 199.04 0.945 0.945
    200.24 720 18.8 2.04 2.81 199.66 760 33 0 990 199.94 0.953 0.945
    201.15 720 18.8 2.04 2.81 200.54 720 33 0 1000 200.86 0.938 0.945
    202.05 720 18.8 2.04 2.83 201.45 720 33 0 1000 201.75 0.938 0.945
    202.96 720 18.8 2.04 2.75 202.35 760 33 0 1000 202.65 0.953 0.945
    203.87 760 18.8 2.04 2.75 203.26 760 33 0 1000 203.56 0.961 0.945

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Looks loads better dude... what was the ambient temps at the time?

<tuffty/>
    vrbob likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    about 18-19 degrees according to the DIS so looks like max is about 10-15 degrees above ambient

Any chance you can tell if my pre cat lambda is goosed or not from those logs?

Oh and Log 1 was Map 3 and log 2 was Map 5

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Much much better!

IAT's are nice and low, and MAF figures are suggesting 265-270bhp from fairly little boost.

Happy days
    jitvv and vrbob like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Cheers Prawn,

265bhp and 265ftlb was the figures I left with from B5 on map 5 so that's quite accurate then.

Happy Days indeed.

So does that mean my lambda is ok now?

Reverse Gear

Status
    IMG_8728.jpgIMG_8714.jpgIMG_8725.jpgIMG_8698.jpg

This with standard twin decat and a v3 tip on standard airbox made 280 with bills stage 2.. Awesome car

Status
    Right a little update :

I have sourced a new Pre Cat lambda sensor as I was unsure if mine was faulty or not as during the mapping it was giving a few weird readings but it did not show up as a fault in VCDS.

So that is now fitted and I have had a quick run and it seems nice and smooth. Will run it for a couple of days and then do some logs to see if it reads any different to the old one as I did measure it on the new FMIC on my first run.

Also received a couple of new custom FMIC brackets courtesy of S3Dave on here so if I get time I will also whip off the bumper and swap them about over the weekend.

Also it was noted that my fuel hoses that run in and out of the fuel rail are a little perished so I have bought some new hose so I can swap it out.

Rob
    Last edited by vrbob; 9th May 2014 at 17:40.
    <tuffty/> and kwistof like this.

Status
    So managed to pull my finger out and do some work on the car over the last couple of days

So have re-fitted the large FMIC so that the bumper sits better.

Replaced both of the rubber hoses from the fuel rail as they had perished.

Serviced the car with new BKR7E`s gapped to 0.7mm and New quantum 5w40 fully synth with bosch oil filter.

With this done I think I have covered all the issues highlighted on my trip to B5 so will run the car for a bit and then see if I can arrnge to head back to B5 for a quick update and possibly up the power now its running a lot better.