Cruise control problems (Not Clutch Switch)

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all

I havr had issues with my cruise control to the point that it doesnt work .... i have look at a couple of threads and allot of tgem point to the clutch switch

However i have tested my switch and the plug that slots into it with a fluke (multimeter) and all seems good the is a circuit and when the clutch is pressed the circuit breaks ..... i then put the switch back in and had cruise control for a few mins.

Once i was pressing the positive on the controls for the cruise control and i got to 60 the cruise control cut out ....

Im now stuck as it must be something else that is stopping it ... any ideas ???

S3 2000 APY

I will do last time i plugged her in i got nothing and i had issues with cruise control then .... my car will be in the garage on the day after payday
Cheers beauty

It may not throw a code specifically for cruise control as the ecu uses other sensors etc as part of the cruise control system... for example. .. a faulty maf or similar can cause the ecu to exclude input from cruise control too...

Do a full scan with vcds (all modules) and post up the results

<tuffty/>

I dont have a vcds but ill have to take it to a local garage and see if anything comes up .... ill ask them to do a full diagnostic scan unless anyone has a VCDS in west cornwall !!! Cut of from the world down here lol