So ive started looking at 80mm tips

Mrt4x4

Reaction score
I said i wasnt going to touch this car ha, in 2 weeks i gad eibach springs and induction on, now planning a stage 1 remap, doh

Anyway my question is there great benefit from these silicone intake pipes are they worth 125£+
Which is best to go for etc etc

I said i wasnt going to touch this car ha, in 2 weeks i gad eibach springs and induction on, now planning a stage 1 remap, doh

Anyway my question is there great benefit from these silicone intake pipes are they worth 125£+

Logging indicated I gained 9bhp fitting a Badger 5 80mm Tip on a stage 1 Revo Map.
Logged a Remapped Leon cupra before and after fitting the SFS 80mm Tip and that gained about 8bhp peak.

There is definitely a gain to be had.

Tbh mate stage one map is best bang for your buck.
Only thing with the stage 1 is that the power really tails off at the end. Id say the best thing with the bigger tip is that the power definately pulls harder and helps keep the curve going top end. Hopefully that makes sense?
the tip really compliments the remap for sure.
Whos mapping it?

I highly recommend this prior to a stage1 map, my car made a nice power gain with one fitted, I had a before and after RR done, but don't remember how much gain off the top off my head? Anyways, my car must be one of the most powerful stage1 cars still running standard intercoolers. All I have is a Badger5 3" TIP, decat pipe and a 10yr old remap.

B5 TIP On mine, logging before and after fitting made a massive difference and for the pub talk it made about 15BHP.

Im looking at b5 would you say v2.2 or 3, just prepping for r tech map ordered a 008 recirc too

The B5 tip was a breakthrough, and you will not go wrong added one to your mod list...tried and tested it works dam well..

Dave your bens boss arent you, got a heatshield from you, where did u go for mapping

They just drive nicer with one. Pull really well after. Ive never had vcds so i dont have any data but to drive it picks up earlier harder and doesnt die at higher revs so Get it ordered!!!