Got a audio problem..

GIANTLIZARDMAN

Quattro
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased my S3 225 about 6 months ago and now want to change the single din concert cassette deck as i wanted a CD player. The 6 CD changer in the boot was broken, so i bought a kenwood single Din cd player which filled the slot nicely.
I tried by fitting the Kenwood cd player and all seemed fine just like i have done in previous cars. When i come to turn it on, nothing worked. I did a bit of researched and found out that i need a wiring harness to convert my original audio system. I found out that my car was a rear amplified only system and ordered the correct harness.
Upon re-installing the cd player with the harness it still dosent work, ive tried swapping the red and yellow cables on the kenwood harness like the instruction manual said would be required for certain car marks (one of which was Audi) and also tried new fuses but i still get no action from the cd player.

Ive also tried my other old pioneer cd player and that dosent work either, and annoyingly i have no display and a lifeless Audi cassette unit now as well... :mad:

Any help or tips greatly appreciated, i hope there is enough information.

Thanks The big lizard.

Hmmm, still no luck. I'm gonna try a dn find a ignition live at the fuse box and wire it to my head unit. Hopefully that will sort the problem.

Anyone else got any ideas?