• 2 Post By future
  • 1 Post By vrbob
  • 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: Just a few pics as its sunny :)

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Just a few pics as its sunny :)

After refurbing my headlights yesterday today I managed to get a couple of coats of wax on whilst it was nice and sunny out so thought I would share a few piccies

Still running on my winter wheels so next job after going up to see Bill at B5 on thursday will be to refurb my RSTT`s and get some new rubber on them ready for some summer posing lol

As it just got dark here a couple of lights on shots

This is my headlight after the restoration process I did earlier this week :

And here are a few shots of the new LED lights I got from tr8ps (EM Tuning) fitted to the car :

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by vrbob; 14th April 2014 at 13:20.
    Nilz, S3 Rav, Essflee and 5 others like this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Car is looking awesome. Im sure you cant wait to go to Bill's. x
    vrbob likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Car is looking awesome. Im sure you cant wait to go to Bill's. x
    Always impressed at how it scrubs up ok for a 12 year old car so Cheers Sandra

From 5 feet away it looks amazing but defo could do with a proper detailing session as up close and personal it has a few marks here an there.

Yup 4 days to go till mapping time
    Sandra and JoeeS3 like this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Status
    Its all down to good paint on the car to come up like that, and also if its been looked after properly. Yes im sure you cant wait to get remapped. Bill will do a great job. Thursday wont come quick enough. Look forward to hearing from you when its done. x
    vrbob likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Looking Sick! What did you clean it with?
    vrbob likes this.

Status
    Cleaned using just some muc off car shampoo and then dried it off.

First coat of wax was some Poorboys Blackhole that I had been given to try and second coat was G3 Superwax quick buff off and bobs your uncle

Gonna get me some of the poorboys stuff next as it was easy to use with good results.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good rob! We will have to have a detailing session soon once im back on the road as i said i would do nicks for him. The muc off stuff is great, i use there products on my mountain bike and stumbled across there car care stuff on there website and the 'uber shine shampoo' is great and what i use now too, ashame its pink tho! The poorboys product is great too. Heres the link if people are interested.

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, Nattys Blue Wax, Cloth & Pad | eBay
    vrbob likes this.
    2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - Rebuild Complete

Status
    Yeah gonna have to try out that rotary polisher I got with the gazzillions of different pads etc that I have no idea how to use lol.

I need some more car shampoo at some point and yeah the Uber shine muc off stuff was good and smells like bubblegum so if I can find it cheap I will get some more Oh and there is nothing wrong with pink in the right situations!!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    That is a bloody lovely motor.
    vrbob likes this.

Status
    Couple more I took on my phone which came out really nice

2 days to go

Thanks for the comments guys
    Last edited by vrbob; 14th April 2014 at 22:43.
    Sandra likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Very nice example mate
    vrbob likes this.
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Looks awesome. Love the alloy colour. I must paint my grille surround black! 8)
    vrbob likes this.
    2002 Avus Silver BAM S3::B5 v2.2 TIP::Powerflex::Superpro::Forge::RSTT::Random Remap!

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice bob. How did you do the headlights as I'm looking to do mine very soon.
    vrbob likes this.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Very nice bob. How did you do the headlights as I'm looking to do mine very soon.
    Well to be honest its taken 2 attempts lol

First off as I had the headlights out a couple of weeks ago whilst doing my final stage 2 tweaks I took the opportunity to sand the lenses down so got 3 grades of wet n dry paper and went over each light until all the big marks were gone. I then used Meguairs Plast-X to try n buff them up which came up ok.

Once I had put the car back together I could tell from certain angles that they were still a little cloudy and on closer inspection I could still see some small scratches from the sanding process. So I decided to purchase this Turtle Wax Headlight Restore Headlamp Lens Restoration Restorer Kit FG6690 | eBay as it was cheap and promised good results. So while the lights were still in the car I used the turtle wax kit which has made the lenses a lot clearer and didn't actually take that long to do as of course I had done a lot of the hardwork with the wet n dry.

The turtle wax kit also has some base coat your meant to use after the rubbing down process but I put it on and it looked awful so I took it off using more plast-x and just used the sealent provided.
    S3 Rav likes this.

Down under

Status
    Tidy. Nice color too. Kinda wish I didn't have silver.
    vrbob likes this.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    cars looking wicked rob! excited for our road trip tomorrow aswell
    vrbob and Adam P like this.
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Ashmcblue's Instagram Channel
    I drove past one of these on the M62 this morning and it looked very nice. Is great to see a car like this in all it's glory.

Status
    Well time has finally arrived and the car is as prepared as I can get it

Roll on 9:30am tomorrow
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Well time has finally arrived and the car is as prepared as I can get it

Roll on 9:30am tomorrow
    Im sure all will go well tomorrow Rob. Look forward to hearing all about it after Bill has worked his magic. x
    vrbob likes this.

Status
    The Magic Badger lol well I hope he can work his wonders and make my car as best as it can be

Shes tucked up ready for her adventure 2moro clean and full of v-power!

2nd Gear

Status
    how did you get one a Bills mate? :-)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by russwuss View Post
    how did you get one a Bills mate? :-)
    Rob is probably out enoying his new power, lol. x
    russwuss likes this.