Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications

Thread: Nasty noise

2nd Gear

Status

Nasty noise

Went for a long drive in the country yesterday and the car started making a really nasty sound. As I turned a very tight bend at full lock, it made a screeching/scraping metallic sound coming from the front drivers side. I thought it might be because I was on full lock, although when I streightened out it carried on. I stopped and could not see anything around wheels or brakes. Checked under the car too but nothing. Pulled off and it happened again. After stopping the second time I could not make it happen and it did not come back for the rest of the journey home.

Could this be the brakes sticking or something like that? The disks were quite hot. Has anyone ever had something similar? Should I be worried?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Nasty noise

I had this once on a Citroen and it was loose wheel nuts - you could turn them by hand. I noticed this as soon as a I began a journey - figured someone had been trying to nick my alloy (yes, on a Citroen!).

Might be a stone trapped between pad and disc.
    You might find that reversing a bit could free a stone and solve the problem.

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Nasty noise

[ QUOTE ]
    Might be a stone trapped between pad and disc.
    You might find that reversing a bit could free a stone and solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did move forward and backward a few times to try to diagnose. Could well have been a stone. I certainly hope it was anyway! Thanks for the suggestions.