Abs light on

Richierich84

Reaction score
Hi peeps got my abs light on 2000 s3 Iv tried them out by stamping hard on the breaks none lock up and stops nicely any ideas

Have you scanned for fault codes? if a light is on then there will be a fault code in the ABS module... no point in guessing what the problem is when a fault code will help you diagnose the issue

<tuffty/>

Will check them all out tomorrow are they on all breaks or just fronts ??

Click the link in my signature (vcds map) for members on here with vcds cables in your area

Haven't got a fault reader would mean taking to a garage

Well have a read of this and get the software and cable for around a tenner
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-help-please-read-before-posting-updated.html

...or look on the VCDS section and see if there are any willing members near you that would scan the car for you..
VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum

...or take it to a garage and the can scan it for you...

Either way there will be a code in the ABS module and it will help you (if not tell you outright) why the light is on...

Guessing will not help and potentially end up costing you more as you replace bits you think is wrong... these cars have control modules all over them and the all store fault diagnostic codes when a fault occurs

<tuffty/>

Well have a read of this and get the software and cable for around a tenner
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-help-please-read-before-posting-updated.html

...or look on the VCDS section and see if there are any willing members near you that would scan the car for you..
VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum

...or take it to a garage and the can scan it for you...

Either way there will be a code in the ABS module and it will help you (if not tell you outright) why the light is on...

Guessing will not help and potentially end up costing you more as you replace bits you think is wrong... these cars have control modules all over them and the all store fault diagnostic codes when a fault occurs

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the advise tuffty