Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation A Couple Of Clutch Questions??

I think my clutch has started to slip as every time the car is put under load or the turbo kicks in, the revs shoot up but the car doesn't go and faster

I've a spoken to a mechanic and he said that if it has an internal slave cylinder that I'll need to replace that at the same time. All the clutch kits I've looked at say they are three piece kits and don't say anting about including a slave.

So my question is does the AUM engine have an internal slave?

My other question is....

Could the clutch slipping be the reason the car would keep dumping boosr ?
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    OK so it turns out I have an external slave.

How about question two guys?

Let's see if you can answer before I find out.....lol
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Sorry dude... did get your PM but been busy with stuff and forgot all about it...

Have you scanned for fault codes?... not known a slipping clutch to 'dump' boost but a slipping clutch and rising revs could cause load to drop off and it maybe this yo are seeing... define 'dumping boost'?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Sorry dude... did get your PM but been busy with stuff and forgot all about it...

Have you scanned for fault codes?... not known a slipping clutch to 'dump' boost but a slipping clutch and rising revs could cause load to drop off and it maybe this yo are seeing... define 'dumping boost'?

<tuffty/>

No probs mate

I made a thread about the boost bumping a few weeks ago before the clutcvh was slipping like it is now:

Why Would It Do This?

And no new fault codes were showing up.

Having said that, Im now having another problem but I'll leave that to another thread...lol