A Couple Of Clutch Questions??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I think my clutch has started to slip as every time the car is put under load or the turbo kicks in, the revs shoot up but the car doesn't go and faster ;)

I've a spoken to a mechanic and he said that if it has an internal slave cylinder that I'll need to replace that at the same time. All the clutch kits I've looked at say they are three piece kits and don't say anting about including a slave.

So my question is does the AUM engine have an internal slave?

My other question is....

Could the clutch slipping be the reason the car would keep dumping boosr ?

OK so it turns out I have an external slave.

How about question two guys?

Let's see if you can answer before I find out.....lol

Sorry dude... did get your PM but been busy with stuff and forgot all about it...

Have you scanned for fault codes?... not known a slipping clutch to 'dump' boost but a slipping clutch and rising revs could cause load to drop off and it maybe this yo are seeing... define 'dumping boost'?

<tuffty/>

Sorry dude... did get your PM but been busy with stuff and forgot all about it...

Have you scanned for fault codes?... not known a slipping clutch to 'dump' boost but a slipping clutch and rising revs could cause load to drop off and it maybe this yo are seeing... define 'dumping boost'?

<tuffty/>

No probs mate ;)

I made a thread about the boost bumping a few weeks ago before the clutcvh was slipping like it is now:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/212038-why-would-do.html#post2107496

And no new fault codes were showing up.

Having said that, Im now having another problem but I'll leave that to another thread...lol