A3 1.6 speedo out W plate.....

Tommo80

Reaction score
The wife's speedo is way out on her A3,at 30 it reads near 40 at 70 it reads 90,what's the odds it's had box replaced with wrong box?

Anything else likely to cause it?

On a good note it passed mot today with jus rear bulb but only replaced that other month but it is dim compared to other side so not too bad.

The wife's speedo is way out on her A3,at 30 it reads near 40 at 70 it reads 90,what's the odds it's had box replaced with wrong box?

Anything else likely to cause it?

On a good note it passed mot today with jus rear bulb but only replaced that other month but it is dim compared to other side so not too bad.

Could also be the clocks have been changed or coded wrong, you can code them for 140, 160, 180 mph or km/h etc

Cheers Jim might have to look into that but don't think it'll be cheap I had a fob programmed @ £90 lol think it might jus stay out for a while!

Cheers Jim might have to look into that but don't think it'll be cheap I had a fob programmed @ £90 lol think it might jus stay out for a while!

If it is the clocks, anyone with vag-com can sort it for you in a couple of minutes.

There may be a member near you that can help for beer tokens.

Like the sound of that,will look into it thanks :)

I had the exact same problem with my v plate 1.6 a3. Other thing on mine was the full gauge always showed more . I tried all the earth leads as i read somewhere in was a possible cause but didn't help. I just learned to live with it .

Yes as it stands she SHOULDN'T get a speeding ticket!!!! Lol

True i thought i had the fastest 1.6 car ever lol. Just watch the petrol gauge mine ran out as soon as it got a sniff of the red bar

She goes through loads of juice in that being a carer she's doin 50 miles plus a day start stopping an gets jus over 300 to a tank,I tell her not to let light come on cause I cba cleaning the lines out if she sucks crap outta bottom of tank!

Should be easy to tell if your gauge is out . The warning light will come on well before it should . If i mind right mine came on about quarter of a tank on the gauge

Bout halfway empty an qtr iirc,generally fill up at qtr jus in case!

Not sure but i think the cluster devolops a fault. There are lots of posts about tt's getting fixed because the clusters f' up and Audi admitted a fault so maybe related . I don't think vag.com or vcds can help as they can only correct by a few miles either way where as your gauges are out by a percentage ie faster you go the more they are out . Hope this makes sense and i could be totally wrong

Yes deffo seems to be out by percentage rather than jus a few mph.