Audi s3 8l exhaust rattle from downpipe help?

snowden952

Reaction score
I have recently fitted a relentless down pipe and decat and it has started to vibrate and rattle really loudly when I come off the accelerator any one know what could be causing this?

Not to sure ill have to have a look at it tomorrow as I'm at work now but its only come on since I properly supported it on the hanger before it was fine

Mine used to rattle a lot when I was pulling away, put on a powerflex bush on the dogbone mount, solved my problem

did you sort the rattle out? think mine is doing it on the subframe. happens when im reversing and letting off, so guessing its when the engine moves forwards on its mounts

did you sort the rattle out? think mine is doing it on the subframe. happens when im reversing and letting off, so guessing its when the engine moves forwards on its mounts

I have exact same problem.

I beleive powerflex (or any solid) engine mounts would reduce the engine movement and by doing so, reducing the chances of the downpipe knocking on anything next to it. The clearance is tight

thanks kwistof, i did do a seach last night and spent about an hour going through old threads.

so loosening the engine mounts and pushing it over as far as it goes to the passengers side is worth a shot before replacing the mounts then.

No worries- I have pointed that thread to at least half a dozen people just in the past month tbh! lol

That's definitely the first place to start, be it the cheapest/easiest/quickest option- as you can see in that thread that didn't work for me unfortunately but as soon as the engine mounts were replaced I haven't heard a knock/bang since and I give my car a good thrashing at times :)

thanks again. if you know any mods that can possibly add little bits of info like this to the sticky's. there is a sticky about the xs power DP and cat so adding something like this on the end would be great.