Quick Dual Mass Flywheel Question on Audi s3 8L Help please

Adam P

Reaction score
Just a quick one so hopefully someone will be able to advise me, i am in the middle of rebuilding my engine and the second hand engine i purchased came with a luk dual mass flywheel, standard clutch and cover plate. The engine had just hit 80k and the clutch looks in good condition with little wear. Iv tried looking for some info on how to measure the play in the dmf and how to establish weather it is in good condition and resuable. I measured it this evening and the it rotates clockwise and anti clockwise by 1 tooth.

Will this be ok to reuse with a new clutch kit?

Thanks in advance.
Adam P

Right, just got off the phone to LUK technical team. On our s3s (8l) the standard DMF should not have more movement than 5 ring gear teeth and a maximum rocking motion of 1.6mm. Also they advised to check for bluing on the face. Seems like mine is in good condition and ready to go. Thought i would post this up as someone else is bound to ask in the future. Also here is a useful link too.

Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket Australia  | Press Office  |  Advice from the experts on the checking of worn dual mass flywheels

Reactions: s-express, s3dave and <tuffty/>
Cool that means the one I removed from my car is good too so a useful spare.