Cheap Remap?

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi,

I am fairly tight so have been looking to find the cheapest way to get my car remapped. I have found a few places on ebay and some other searches. Basically it is possible to get my car remapped for £150!

This is by someone who has basically brought the software and bits from tuner. They download your file, email it to the tuner who modifies it and sends it back. This is then uploaded onto your car. (Not trying to tell experienced people what happens, just quoting info from the sites)

Is this bad? Why is it so cheap? Their explanation is that the market is overpriced and they are trying to crash it. The tuner has 20yrs experience and a website so all seems legit. They are just trying to get more business.

I have now had my car for a while and feel the only way I am going to keep it is to get it remapped.

Can some of you wiser members please let me know the possible pitfalls of this as to me it seems a bargain!

Cheers

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

look in the dealers section on the website and it all seems to make sense. They are also advertising training days and equipment for sale on Ebay. Type in remap, chip tuning etc to find them.

I'd want to hear from a real customer before going ahead but as you say if all on the website is as it seems doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I know I'll be going to get mine done (if / when) at somewhere with a rolling road and get the car custom mapped, but that's just because of everything I've had go wrong and would want to be 110% that everything is ok.

My best mate lives down the road in Bromsgrove so I thought I might pop in. If I go to the main place rather than a laptop recruitment guy I think he said it will be £250 for 'live mapping'. They also have a 1500bhp rolling road.

All seems a bit too good to be true. I know it is an AMD site, but can anyone suggest a reall reason no to go and get this done, or am I the guinea pig?

Its entirely up to you mate but with so many mainstream tuners out there offering deals I wouldn't risk it myself!

How much is your car worth? Should you really be looking at a cheap remap?

Just my 2p.

cheap and remap are not things i like to hear together,you can get decent stuff for 400 notes and i think awesome were doing a deal on apr maps for less than that.
I'd recommend jabba but there's loads of choice.
Any moron can flash higher boost with lemmiwinks.

Chipped uk is run by a guy called Jayson. He's been tuning BMWs for a long time and wants to branch out into the VW/Audi market. I've not looked into which software he is running as of yet.

He's been offering cheaper remaps over on uk-mkivs.net for a little while to test out a few things.

There have been mixed responses to this as some people belive that you should test on your own cars before releasing a product.

He seems a very genuine bloke who wants to lower the cost of generic remaps.

Of the few people that have had the map, they seem to be very happy with the results so far. The only issue that I know of is an air bag light after the map which he can fix if it appears.

Any new product will get examined in detail and I wish him good luck. I guess you've gotta start somewhere.

Yeah I've come across Jayson on the e36coupe.com forum and seems to be a genuine guy, never heard any BMW owners complain about his service