S3 - Misfire at full boost

Rice

Reaction score
Hey errybody, hope you're all enjoying this not so bad weather.

Car hasn't been used properly in a good 2/3 months (i don't drive it in the wet), been doing a few things in it in the last week or so and its been fine, runs as it should. But today i went for my MOT and its misfiring at full boost (around 18psi).

It not a bad misfire, id guess its just one cylinder, it almost sounds like its trying to clear, but cant manage to clear itself.

Building up to full boost its fine, although going up a hill it started missing at around 15psi. Idle is fine, driving around is fine, just at full boost it starts messing around.

I'm thinking its a coilpack, i do have a spare, so may have to take it out and go through a process of elimination at some point today. Spark plugs are 3,500 miles old, and roughly 8 months old. Could be them maybe? Haven't checked for split hoses, but all my boost hoses are pretty new so i doubt its that.

I do have VCDS but i SUCK at using it, but as far as i can tell its saying its got no fault codes....

Help :)!

Ah also, when i had my stage 2 at r tech niki said the MAF was a little oily, another possibility?

Well that was easy. Coil pack no.3 :).

Reactions: cammage08
I carry a spare in the boot, hate the things and I guess you got your brakes sorted the otherday :icon_thumright: