Are these pistons reusable

g60leigh

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395745713220005ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395745724832260ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395745735398783

Looking at these JE 83mm pistons in the classifieds as damage been found to mine and need some ASAP.
The seller has pointed out the rubbing on the skirts.
Is there any reason that these shouldn't be used again?

Thank you.

Fairly sure OE pistons are not available in 83mm so no idea why he has suggested he is going back to std pistons...

You will need a ring set too and it will have to be a JE set.... rebore to 83mm is normally more expensive as you have to do it in two passes due to the oversize...

Thats not damage by the looks... just skirt contact so 'should' be ok

Ask what the compression ratio is too... if they are 8.5:1 then I wouldn't bother

<tuffty/>

Reactions: g60leigh
I am selling my JE 83mm Pistons for 1.8T platform.

I am moving back to standard 1.8T pistons with forged rods.

The pistons have roughly 6,000 miles on them and have slight rubbing on the piston skirt but should not effect their performance.

I have brand new wrist pins from JE included in the sale. I bought these last year as I thought the small end of my connecting rods had failed but this was not the case.

That is the details of the classified

Fairly sure OE pistons are not available in 83mm so no idea why he has suggested he is going back to std pistons...

You will need a ring set too and it will have to be a JE set.... rebore to 83mm is normally more expensive as you have to do it in two passes due to the oversize...

Thats not damage by the looks... just skirt contact so 'should' be ok

Ask what the compression ratio is too... if they are 8.5:1 then I wouldn't bother

<tuffty/>

Compression is 9.0:1

Guessing JE rings won't be available in the UK so will be no further forward on getting a set straight away?

Spoke to them this morning. Depending on which pistons I need they should have them in stock.
Also well prices so will be near enough same as getting second hand ones plus rings.