Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: S3 Warrantys

1st Gear

Status

S3 Warrantys

Time's rolling on and as a stark reminder I've just recieved a note telling me that my 3 year warranty is about to run out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've seen various posts about extended warranties in the past, but taken little interest as it didn't apply!

Does anybody have any upto date information, such as:

Who are the best and what I should be paying.

Mondial, who run Audi's UK scheme want 874 for one year [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Cheers folks

All the best
    N

2. # ADS
    ADS

Numptie of the highest order

Status

Re: S3 Warrantys

Assuming that the Audi warranty is no quibble and is full cover like the manufacturers warranty with no limits on claims etc, I think it's actually worth it after my experiences, however that's just me and my car.

1st Gear

Status

Yes, there are no limits and it does include RAC Home and Roadside for the year.

6th Gear

Status

i'm going to get hit with this in about 4 months. Do they offer any kind of monthly premium for the audi warranty, or is it a all-up-front charge?

imported_ZeroK66

Ensure you get the warranty through your dealer. I have had a 3rd party warranty on my A4 - what a waste of money.

A common response...

"Not covered sir - we believe the problem is caused by wear and tear"

"Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear"

Grrr

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ensure you get the warranty through your dealer. I have had a 3rd party warranty on my A4 - what a waste of money.

A common response...

"Not covered sir - we believe the problem is caused by wear and tear"

"Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear""Wear and tear"

Grrr

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask who this was with? I've found a company called Warranties Online and they list what is not covered and they are asking 300 for a year, including Home & Road side assistance run by the AA...

imported_gek

I weighed up the pros and cons of extending the audi warranty when mine ran out back in July of last year.

At just under 900, it seemed far far too much.

I wouldn't trust 3rd party warranties due to the "wear and tear" get out clause, plus most have an excess.

So, I took the chance and went without, replacing things as and when.

Touch wood, I've only had a bearing go, which was 200 fitted.

Reverse Gear

Status

I have done the same as you gek. Enquired about extending with Audi directly as well as others including warranty direct but cost and wear and tear get outs concerned me.

I bought roadside assistance for approx 45 and then mentally put the 900 aside in case the worse happens - keeping fingers tightly crossed!

If commercial companies are underwriting S3's at 900 then on average it would suggest average annual claims are less than this - for them to get their expected return. Yes of course its a gamble, but if it gets through the year okay then thats also a lot of cash to spend on running it!

imported_ZeroK66

Noodle... cant remember now - but they were taken over by someone else etc etc... they are all the same IMO - Audi at least know they have to fork out as its their car and their warranty and you are sitting infront of them.