Revo stage 1 audi s3 2001 210bhp

I've not even got my ****** car yet and I'm reading threads like this..

I live closer to R-Tech than Bill, are there (dis)advantages between the two.
I dont want to just roll up, have someone stick a map on the car and me ****** off, I'll want the car to be looked over first and am expecting a "to-do" list, hopefully nothing too wrong with the car just a check to make sure I havent bought a lemon and then a chat about what I want, what I'll need and how much stuff I have to buy the missus to cover the fact I'm spending money on the car :lol:

Both are very good and well known on the forum and others for their remaps and attention to detail when they are doing the map, pre and post map too.

I've not even got my ****** car yet and I'm reading threads like this..

I live closer to R-Tech than Bill, are there (dis)advantages between the two.
I dont want to just roll up, have someone stick a map on the car and me ****** off, I'll want the car to be looked over first and am expecting a "to-do" list, hopefully nothing too wrong with the car just a check to make sure I havent bought a lemon and then a chat about what I want, what I'll need and how much stuff I have to buy the missus to cover the fact I'm spending money on the car :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/REVOPerformancePortsmouth/posts/10203580499622733?notif_t=like

Jim will check your car over, roadtest it, fault check it. load the software, road test again, Datalog it and set up to suit your requirements, as well as making the most of the car.

As for Rolling Road/Dyno, Jim can offer before and after runs, just ask him for details. but Revo'd cars are set up on the road, where they are driven...

More info here on that subject -

In simple terms, no your vehicle doesn’t need to be tested on a rolling road.

Our R&D department spend hours on the road, track and rolling roads during test and development before the software is released to the public so before the software is released to you, it’s already been tested and proven in house.

What is important is a road test and inspection of the vehicle before it's flashed, all our dealers are capable of checking over your vehicle to see if there are any obvious issues that need addressing prior to Revo software being installed.

The peak numbers you get on a rolling road are typically referred to as ‘Pub Talk’ numbers; who has the most power and torque! In reality the Peak numbers are largely irrelevant; it's the power/torque throughout the rev range and the power delivery that's important the peak number gives very little indication to how capable a vehicle is or how well it drives. Unfortunately there’s a lack of understanding in the industry and still a requirement to quote peak figures?

When Revo and our dealers set vehicles up on the road, we are data logging and feeling how to car drives to get the most from it for you the driver, not just trying to chase a peak number.

Peak Power Figures Explained

Rolling Roads Explained

To add, if you do decide to upgrade to Stage 2 in the future, it's just a £50 + VAT upgrade fee for the new software file & again set up etc.

If you want any further infomation or support, please feel feel to call Revo Hq or Jim/Kate at JKM directly.

Go Play....

Thought id post a pic of my baby haha ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395860417847396

Reactions: Nilz and <tuffty/>
https://www.facebook.com/REVOPerformancePortsmouth/posts/10203580499622733?notif_t=like

Jim will check your car over, roadtest it, fault check it. load the software, road test again, Datalog it and set up to suit your requirements, as well as making the most of the car.

As for Rolling Road/Dyno, Jim can offer before and after runs, just ask him for details. but Revo'd cars are set up on the road, where they are driven...

More info here on that subject -

In simple terms, no your vehicle doesn’t need to be tested on a rolling road.

Our R&D department spend hours on the road, track and rolling roads during test and development before the software is released to the public so before the software is released to you, it’s already been tested and proven in house.

What is important is a road test and inspection of the vehicle before it's flashed, all our dealers are capable of checking over your vehicle to see if there are any obvious issues that need addressing prior to Revo software being installed.

The peak numbers you get on a rolling road are typically referred to as ‘Pub Talk’ numbers; who has the most power and torque! In reality the Peak numbers are largely irrelevant; it's the power/torque throughout the rev range and the power delivery that's important the peak number gives very little indication to how capable a vehicle is or how well it drives. Unfortunately there’s a lack of understanding in the industry and still a requirement to quote peak figures?

When Revo and our dealers set vehicles up on the road, we are data logging and feeling how to car drives to get the most from it for you the driver, not just trying to chase a peak number.

Peak Power Figures Explained

Rolling Roads Explained

To add, if you do decide to upgrade to Stage 2 in the future, it's just a £50 + VAT upgrade fee for the new software file & again set up etc.

If you want any further infomation or support, please feel feel to call Revo Hq or Jim/Kate at JKM directly.

Go Play....

Not trying to get into an argument here but how can you data log safely and legally without a dyno?... to get decent logs you need to be in at least third gear to get the load and enough meaningful data and hitting the redline in third will take you over the legal limit of any UK road currently..

Like I said, not trying to start an argument but generic code hasn't been progressed for our cars for some time and most suffer from issues like compressor surge when faced with recently developed mods such as larger FMIC's and the 80mm TIPs...

I have even seen surge on Custom Code stage 1 code with the latest mods available...

Compound this with the variance you get from engine condition, turbo condition etc then the only safe way to check this stuff out is on a dyno...

<tuffty/>

You might have worms and rats in yours but none of that in mine mate

Its a joke rohhh sorry probs my french humour ;)

Lets be fair, most tuners will know of appropriate roads where wot road tests can take place. I'm not wishing to start an argument over roller vs road tuning, both have there place and imho both are valid methods..

I wont bait it too much as this can of worms has been addressed before as said above but I should have some real world input to add as I have taken my standard S3 I bought 2 years ago and have upgraded it to as per my Sig (plus a BB actuator too as of last week) and my car has been mapped with Revo by JKM both in its first stage 1 setup and then again when I got it to stage 2 hardware.

I wont say the car does not run well as it does and it shows about 218gs on a good run but it has never seen a rolling road.

The mapping process done at JKM was very much plug n play as it took them about 1 hour to do my stage 1 map (this included them taking it round the estate after mapping) and about the same amount of time when I got the stage 2 upgrade.

But I always felt the car has more to give especially after reading about the stuff people like Bill at Badger 5 and R-tech were doing and the results they were achieving. The other added features like launch control, selectable maps etc are also a big extra not offered by revo.

So finally after working hard on my car I think its ready for new software and Bill was my first choice for this. The fact that this mapping process is an allday affair and that the car has to pass pre checks like a proper smoke test before it even sees the rolling road is far and above the service I got when parting with my money for revo at JKM.

So on the 17th of April (mapping day at B5) I should be able to see how different my car performs with a custom live mapped software versus the revo stage 2 software as there are before and after runs done on the dyno so am very interested to see how it turns out :)

Reactions: Nilz, Sandra, hqrKoR and 1 other person
Off the shelf maps are just that though, preset map, flash, quick drive, and off you go, given people run different fuel, filters, and vary from the setup that was used on the car(s) when the map was created theres too many variables so a custom map is always better once you start with the mods..
As I've said though, R-tech are the closest to me but I havent even got the ****** car yet :lol:

Custom ftw.

Generic maps simply are not ever going to be optimised or take into account mods or wear and tear on lets face it old cars now.

On new cars with ACME bolts ons, yea they have their place for sure.. As time rolls by and other mods come onto the market, not seen or catered for by the Generic mappers, then their suitability diminishes.

Dyno is absolutely the place to safely log and check the engine, optimising the map to get best desired output.. Road test confirms its drives as nice as it makes "measured power" ;) With Actual before and after figures apparent... not sales patter estimates which is all generics can claim where they had'nt dyno'd or performed a "before" map power run with logging.

Could be worse for those that notice the small print, random temperature's on the RR printouts where a dodgy place would squiff the figures by changing ambients :lol:

I've been reading up to getting my pre-facelift S3 remapped, to incorporate the only non standard elements (a Badget 5 TIP/Jetex cone filter). I'll be going with R Tech or Badger5, but being Yorkshire based probably the former - I'll report back in due course.

Last edited:
Great read here, can anyone advise good place to go up leeds way, would just be stage 1 only mod a filter, but i want custom

I wish I had gone to Badger 5 as the service I got with my stage 1 Revo was bland. They weren't rude, but they could clearly see I wanted to know more about the improvements and 'proof' of them. I'm not going back there.

Reactions: Adam P