Audi s3 problems

Adam88

Reaction score
Hey people, I have only owned the car a month and got insured tonight so went out for a blast and realised traction kicking in whilst giving it some in 1st and 2nd gear, I am sure this is not right even though roads were damp??
Also when monitoring my boost gauge it shows peak boost around 20psi then drops down whilst further up the rev range, is this Normal as I've never had a car with a boost gauge so don't know how it works?
The car has quite a lot of work done to it including Haldex services every year and is running revo stage 2.

Yeh it is common for the traction control to kick in, mine comes in all the time in 1st when it's damp if your trying quite hard. Also the turbo is pretty small so it won't hold boost up to the redline. It should be 15/16psi though.

Glad to hear it's normal but My mates golf r does it only when he's doing heavy launches is there anything I should check just to be on safe side?
Regarding the boost it reaches about 20psi but then does drop to around 15psi is that normal for a stage 2 revo? The car has a forge 008 DV could this be the problem as on the 2.0 tfsi cars I know your better off with the standard oem DV rather than a aftermarket as they don't hold boost as well.. Other engine mods are 3" turbo back de-catted miltek exhaust, 3" badger 5 intake pipe, fmic, n249 bypass, silicone hoses and I think that's the main engine mods.