car just failed its mot...

JUS3IN

14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft
Reaction score
But only on a trackrod end, whoop... not bad for 145000 miler!-) anyone else get that doom and gloom feeling as mot time nears?

I always get that feeling which is why I stagger the MOT's on both my cars... got to take my S3 in next week... pretty confident it will sail through seeing as its mostly all new lol

<tuffty/>

Reactions: JUS3IN
Mine's set up for around Xmas time- so it's always pretty nerve racking for me in the build up to Xmas.

So if I'm asked what I want for Xmas - it's usually a list of car parts or cash so I can get her through the MOT :)

Reactions: JudderMan
MOT on my 8P is due on 1st April and currently the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with problems .... not good!

Reactions: s33nyboy12
MOT on my 8P is due on 1st April and currently the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with problems .... not good!

VCDS and code that crap out for 45 minutes

Failing that take the bulbs out :)

#jokes - Although the thought did cross my mind when I was having major ABS issues with my car but managed to get it fixed in time. What warning symbols have you got coming up? Hopefully just the low windscreen wiper fuid and low fuel warnings :D

I wish it was just them!

Coolant light keeps coming on cos it's leaking from somewhere in the engine bay as it likes to drip onto my garage floor. EML on due to problem with camshaft adjuster unit being ********. ESP light has been on since I swapped my MFSW back to standard wheel. And last but not least, it seems to misfiring when I get past 3k revs. Safe to say, I think its knackered.

Only problem with clearing the codes is they come back after 10 mins of driving. May just take my laptop and VCDS with me when I drop it off at the garage and clear them outside :D.

Wow- you weren't messing when you said your dash is lit up like a Xmas tree!

Well fingers crossed it's all a cheap and easy fix. So many ****** sensors on these things and I bet even more on your 8P.

A friendly MOT tester may be of some use to you - everyone needs one :)

Reactions: leeds2592

ooh, feel for ya mate... love the 8p's too, lets hope the electric problems are all related and a nice easy fix. check all ya fuses and earths, alot of people miss these then think the worst :thumbsup:

Reactions: leeds2592

Well fingers crossed it's all a cheap and easy fix. So many ****** sensors on these things and I bet even more on your 8P.

but friendly mot testers cause problems for future owners, when i bought my car in colchester the mot was the day previous from a slough mot station!! apparently he drove it there because it was his brothers garage, my big n hairys lol! had a host of problems too!

one thing, i have a headlight motor out which i have bought but didnt have time to fit. the garage has adjusted the light manually, will this affect the aim when i fit the motor?

Oh, also forgot to mention the bulb light has also been on due to my rear light and reverse light not working. Got new bulbs yesterday so hopefully that'll fix them.

Cheers dude, just hope it limps through so I can sell with nearly a years MOT rather than it being SORN. Already come to the realise that I won't get half of what I paid for it. But once I do sell it, it's S3 8L time :sly:

Reactions: kwistof
mate, just fix it!? might only be a sensor and a water pipe? the cam problem is probably causing the mis fire... steering wheel airbag is quite dangerous so there is probably a procedure to turn off the light....

i always seem to buy cars fix em then lose money tho lol, my neighbour reckons i have a problem, buy car thats got problems, fix em up then when they are running well im bord and buy another ****ter lol... maybe its like my sodoku haha.