S3 Chipped 1/4 Mile. S3 Big turbo 1/4 Mile:

I

imported_ZeroK66

Hello all,

I am sure this has been done to the death - but I will ask.

What is the expected 1/4 out of an S3 that has been chipped.

You IHI boys - what 1/4's have you seen - only if you have a quattro :p

Cheers,
Leon

13.9@109mph crap start 2.3 60ft at santa pod which is a slow track.
chipped s3 14.5 at 95mph a very good run at pod.

I went to Crail a couple of weeks ago. I ran a 15.7s at 95.1mph, and a MTM big turbo S3 got a 15.3 at 96.1mph.

In our defense, it was wet and slippery (but the top speed was alright)!

yeah top speed gives a good idea of power to weight,95 is spot on.

I ran 14.8 at Santa Pod last year at the GTI Festival on a really hot day when the car was standard. Ive seen remapped S3's run 13.9-14.1 at Pod. I would expect a Big turbo S3 to run mid 13's.

Don't believe a remapped s3 will ever go under 14 seconds at pod. I remember the vag-tuner one with hybrid turbo did a 14.1 .

My mate has run 14.1 at pod in his A3 1.8T. Its front wheel drive and all hes had done is Jabba remap, exhaust and induction kit.

My mates A3 makes 237 bhp on Jabba's rollers, we spoke to the guy from vag-tuner last year and he wouldnt beleive the power figures from Jabba but after seeing it on the 1/4, wouldnt run against it.

[ QUOTE ]
My mate has run 14.1 at pod in his A3 1.8T. Its front wheel drive and all hes had done is Jabba remap, exhaust and induction kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dodgy timing gear? I find that hard to believe as with 320bhp at the pod managed mid 14's... Too hot mind but still.

Rich

Pods timing gear, hes also run numerous 14.3's. Rich speak to Wilko off Vag20V about Steve Rose he drove Wilko's car and was alot quicker than Wilko had ever run in it.

[ QUOTE ]
Here´s mine 13.8@158kmh...
Car is chipped and with supersprint exhaust.

Video

[/ QUOTE ]

You really got off the line well mate, I would love to get into the 13s this year. First run of the year is gonna be at pod on 2nd of April so fingers crossed.

like i've said before thats probably the best launch i've ever seen of a s3 triple a,remember pod is so sticky.
I still find it very hard to believe a a3/s3 chipped can crack 14 seconds at pod.
Prove me wrong,i'll be there at spring festival.

Unfortunately my mates gettin rid of the A3 in favour of an S3 which might not be remapped in time for pod, if he comes ill get him to bring his timing slips for the 14.1 and 14.3's. One of my other mates runs 14.3's in his Jabba remapped Ibiza Cupra as long as I beat him on the day ill be happy. Hes talking about trying some race fuel though so we'll just have to wate and see.

a ibiza i can well believe cracked 14 seconds as there so light,a lardy a3/s3 is another matter.
steve what were your mates(a3) 60ft and terminal for his 14.1

[ QUOTE ]
a ibiza i can well believe cracked 14 seconds as there so light,a lardy a3/s3 is another matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask him to look out the timing slip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

sounds spot on imola,crail quicker than pod.

Wow...

an S4 334HP runs low 14's... maybe I should be considering an S3!

by the way all this exhaust talk,some aftermarket exhausts to name no names become restictive at 320bhp.

zerok66,the s4 is a heavy old beast with just a remap and decent start you should crack 14's just.
typical 0-100 is 14seconds in a remaped s4
for a s3 is 15/16 seconds.

My standard 225 S3 achieved 14.5s @ 93 mph, well 14.6s if you round up, at the pod, many years ago.

That was with a not-too-good reaction time.

I have of course blurred my reg, but believe me, it was me. Think Rich was there at the time. Eeeeeh, them were the days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ALBSantaPod3L2.jpg

AL

[ QUOTE ]
My standard 225 S3 achieved 14.5s @ 93 mph, well 14.6s if you round up, at the pod, many years ago.

That was with a not-too-good reaction time.

I have of course blurred my reg, but believe me, it was me. Think Rich was there at the time. Eeeeeh, them were the days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ALBSantaPod3L2.jpg

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in the day eh Al! You me, the moff man and drystone. That was a cracking day! I seem to remember Moff getting down into the 14.4's?

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
zerok66,the s4 is a heavy old beast with just a remap and decent start you should crack 14's just.
typical 0-100 is 14seconds in a remaped s4
for a s3 is 15/16 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about the 4.2 v8...

2.081 is a good 60ft mate,don't reckon you can do much less than 2 secs with road tires.Best i managed was a 2.4 something with a dying clutch.

My car was only 2 months old then. I had run the car in, as best I could prior to this trip. But I guess the clutch was pretty grippy.

I'm sure both the car and me, couldn't do such a time now. Although I the engine is probably nice and loose now at 40000 miles.

Anyway, I have taken the thread off topic, by bringing a standard car's time into it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres the info off the timing slip for my mates A3, it was done on 16/10/2005 at RWYB at Santa Pod

60ft = 2.027
330ft = 5.793
1/8ET = 9.006
1/8MPH = 77.93
1000' = 11.688
1/4ET = 14.125
1/4MPH = 94.96

This is a remapped A3 1.8T FWD and is why I believe a remapped S3 should be able to get high 13s

2.027 is very very good time for a 2wd car at pod.

I seem to remember my best 60ft time was a 2.2 when my car was 190bhp... Looking forward to April as it will be first time on the strip when cars running as it should be.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember my best 60ft time was a 2.2 when my car was 190bhp... Looking forward to April as it will be first time on the strip when cars running as it should be.

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you manage to run the sort of time your power figures suggest the car is capable of mate, im looking forward to the show it will be the first time ive run mine since the remap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RIch

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you manage to run the sort of time your power figures suggest the car is capable of mate, im looking forward to the show it will be the first time ive run mine since the remap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be happy with low 14's to be honest! running badly, i did 103mph trap speed.

If i get a good start then i reckon a mid 13 is possible.Rich .if your running 1.4bar on your car you should be in 13's even with a crap start.

Well the racelogic will take care of my launch for me! So we will see.

Rich

even my lardy s3 can do a 13 with a 2.4 60ft,you can do it easy mate.