Fitting Silverfusion bulbs

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi before attempting myself does anyone know how easy it is to change the front indicator bulbs? I am ordering some silverfusion ones and my handbook says the front side light assembly needs to come out before the bulb is changed - is that right??

I have a 97 A3 and I also need to know which type of bulb to buy - either the off-set or opposite pin type.

Cheers,
Naresh

yeah theres a screw or sommit to undo and then just pop them out simple job...but i broke the crap screw.......and sorted it with loads of gaffa tape.....works fine still..lol

I went to turn the plastic locking screws on mine to change to the phillips type bulbs and both had never been turned back from the last time someone had changed them - I left them unlocked too. After the screw round 90 degrees it left you push the tab down that releases the whole unit out towards the front of the car. The coloured indicator bulbs have offset pins - IIRC they all are so you cant buy the wrong type no matter.

yer changed mine a few months back,really easy job! and yes i broke one of the holding screws aswell!big blob of blue tack does the job though! off set pins is correct for the front indicators and i have to say the finished look is well worth it...no more orange corners! gives the car a nice finish to the front.

as for the rear indicators,changed to the face lift clusters last year and when i changed the bulbs (just got orange) i personally couldnt really see them through the lenses..contemplated changing to silverfusion but not to fussed about it at the moment.

Thanks guys, gonna give it a try today just to confirm what bulbs I have then go order me some Silverfusions!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

when i ordered of silverfusion they came the next day! excelllent service.

got me thinking about changing the side indicators now! changed to clear indicators a few months ago and change the bulbs (orange) now you can see the bulbs here...maybe its time to get me the silverfusion....more money!

Rockstar - if you mean the side indicators fitted in the front wings then yes you should change them asap because they do look a bit naff!! I got my clear lenses from Demon Tweeks a while back but even Halfords are selling them now - only about £10 for the pair! Just make sure the Halfords has a Ripseed inside as they're the guys who sell all the style mods!

cheers for thar naresh! so you think my car looks a "bit naff!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif just you wait! narr your probably right! kinda never liked the look of the orange myself...halfords here i come!

bought the sodding orange ones from them last time,didnt see the silver ones though...maybe they will do a refund.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif then again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

What's a SilverFusion bulb?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

silverfusion bulbs are basically your orange bulbs! but there siver! (they flash orange though! clever eh!)

there are other alternatives to using these aswell...

check the link out for there site.