AH Fabs V2 Intercooler, Help

GOLF-MK3-GTI

Reaction score
I bought an Audi S3 and its got an AH Fabs V2 Intercooler. From what I've read these intercoolers should allow you to retain the fogs & grills. However its a different story with my intercooler.

IMG 5784 zps75a68cc5

The previous owner has chopped through the grey bumper surround for the pipes to fit?

Below are pictures of the intercooler with the bumper off? I have bought a new set bumper grills and the grey surround, I dont really want to butcher them.

Picture 001

Picture 002

Can someone advise, what seems to be the problem?

Thanks

Not sat it low enough... have you got the brackets attached to the bottom of the crash bar? if not do that and then you may have to pack it down with a few washers

20090625_IMG_3482.jpg

I went to great lengths designing this to fit and retain fogs etc... looks as though it wasn't fitted properly to me...

<tuffty/>

It has got brackets. If you look at the first pic, intercooler is not sat right. When i took the bumper off, i have manged to make it sit bang on center and now the both pipes look right.

So i need to pack it with washers and bring the whole intercooler a tad down?

I'll get some more close up pics to show where it touches the bumper?

It has got brackets. If you look at the first pic, intercooler is not sat right. When i took the bumper off, i have manged to make it sit bang on center and now the both pipes look right.

So i need to pack it with washers and bring the whole intercooler a tad down?

Yes... pack the brackets down so the bottom of the FMIC sits on the bottom part of the bumper... the pipe work will then be in the right place... I packed mine down by using 3 x 2mm thick washers each side IIRC...

<tuffty/>

Tuffty; Judging from the above pics, Do you think there's movement to bring intercooler down?

Also does anyone have any close up pics running the same intercooler, Just to show how its sat?

Thanks

Tuffty; Judging from the above pics, Do you think there's movement to bring intercooler down?

Of course... :) its how I designed it ;P

Like I said, pack between the bracket and the bottom of the crash bar... this will position the FMIC lower and sit the pipes in the correct position

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
I have the same intercooler and it fits fine. Funny thing is though I only used 1 washer. Yes it is still a bit of an effort t get the bumper back on, but it does fit.

Cheers guys, Job for the weekend then. Will report back on how i get on. :thumbsup:

Exactly, New bumper grill and insert have been fitted also intercooler has been pulled a tad lower. It looks so much better with the fogs in now.