Guys running water meth??

Badger5 the picture is from here USRT - Water/Methanol Injection

Tuffy thanks i read a lot about direct port but i would like to see testimonies.

i dont know a lot about engines but electronic i understand.

fiting a pressure sensor our with the signal from exhaust temp i can simulate an error to EPC work our just shut down the fuel pump

Ecu patched in code is the easiest way to protect against wmi failure...

Ecu patched in code is the easiest way to protect against wmi failure...

Mmmm tell me more? ;)

Didn't know there was such possibilitys with the OEM ecu?

AEM's failsafe looks interesting and like it would detect a failure as picks up on irregular flow rates, to high or low but can't see it picking up one blocked nozzle on a multiport system

fiting a pressure sensor our with the signal from exhaust temp i can simulate an error to EPC work our just shut down the fuel pump

So you run out of WMI and you're stranded? Probably better to aim for a little more graceful degradation than pure fuel pump shut down :) Maybe start with a reduction in timing?

Reactions: grainqey and <tuffty/>
Mmmm tell me more? ;)

Didn't know there was such possibilitys with the OEM ecu?

AEM's failsafe looks interesting and like it would detect a failure as picks up on irregular flow rates, to high or low but can't see it picking up one blocked nozzle on a multiport system

V1 I currently have is the test version, it basically flashes the MIL light when the CF reaches a preset value, currently 6.. It basically tells you when you are running a little to much timing, it's ideal for those with a basic WMI setup that uses the WMI to reduce IATs and dont need a full failsafe.

V2 will have a fail safe timing map which will switch in when the timing reaches your cf value, which for those that need a failsafe for wmi will be ideal, so you can run direct port or post throttle wmi with safer knowledge that if the pump fails or cf's get too high that a safe timing map will kick in, whilst flashing the MIL so you have a chance of stopping without melting something..

Reactions: StaceyS3, superkarl and Miguel_S#
V1 I currently have is the test version, it basically flashes the MIL light when the CF reaches a preset value, currently 6.. It basically tells you when you are running a little to much timing, it's ideal for those with a basic WMI setup that uses the WMI to reduce IATs and dont need a full failsafe.

V2 will have a fail safe timing map which will switch in when the timing reaches your cf value, which for those that need a failsafe for wmi will be ideal, so you can run direct port or post throttle wmi with safer knowledge that if the pump fails or cf's get too high that a safe timing map will kick in, whilst flashing the MIL so you have a chance of stopping without melting something..

That's wicked, I know I keep saying it but 1.8t tuning is constantly evolving and going on leaps and bounds mainly due to a handful of people :)

Did also recently read somewhere that there's a patch for having a shift/dash light activated at a preset value of revs, which would be really handy if revving off of the rev counter :racer:

Reactions: grainqey
If you live in a hard water area, you might want to use distilled water

Likewise.

We do live in a fairly hard water area,and I always use deionised or distilled.

Prawn just fills up out of his neighbours garden hose...

Reactions: grainqey and S3Alex