S3 8L Remap

dennis_S3

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new on here and just purchased a 03 Reg S3. I am looking to do a few mods to it but first of all can anyone recomend the best Service kit? i.e. spark plugs, oils etc??

Also I am looking to get it remapped by AMD. would you say this is the best place to get it done?

Thanks

Den

Where are you located bud. Id recommend badger5 or r tech from many happy customers reviews.

Badger 5 gl103rh
Rtech le103by
2 seconds on a google search ya lazy sod!!
Ive no first hand knowledge but from what i read these 2 are the shiz. Ive used many tuners and always been slightly concerned. Dont remember reading a negative about either of these. Just bare in mind if its a long way at least you do it once. Use someone local because of ease and you may get bored of revisiting them. Not a fact just a thought.

I've got an R Tech map on my 1.8T A3 and it really is very smooth and havent had any issues in the past 6-7k miles since it was done.

Another vote from me for B5 or R-Tech. Both well known in the VAG circle for their experience/skills with the 20vT motor. Both give the engine health check prior to even beginning mapping so you can be sure they won't slap a map on your motor with underlying issues just to earn some dollar.

Only met Bill once, to buy my forged rods from him, and even though I interrupted his chips & curry sauce (sorry Bill lol) he let me have a nose around the Badgerwagon. Top fella :icon_thumright:

Likewise with R-Tech, was down there just the other day having my ECU Immo defeated and had a good chat with Ben about our projects. I'm having my 8P 20T Stage 2'd by them very soon when my intake turns up.

Welcome fellow Kent S3 owner!

I had my car mapped at AmD, and wish I'd gone to R-Tech or Badger5. I fitted a badger5 TIP after the map, and got turbo surge. AmD were less than helpful when I called to book my car in for a map tweak, denying the surge was anything to do with the map and that it would be a waste of time.

Go to R-Tech or Bill!

Is R-Tech closest recommended to me if I'm from Coventry?
I'm getting an 1.8T 190 b7 soon and want it remapped but definitely not looking for a cheapest around, but the best and most experienced as well obviously

Is R-Tech closest recommended to me if I'm from Coventry?
I'm getting an 1.8T 190 b7 soon and want it remapped but definitely not looking for a cheapest around, but the best and most experienced as well obviously

Yes mate, about 30 minutes I would guess.