power losses after remap etc

dgannon69

Reaction score
I was just having a quick read of the summarys from my remaps at Amd that i had done last year.

The 1st one i had done was on my 99 T-plate (DBW) 1.8T

and the second on my 02 plate (NDBW) 1.8T

both are A3's etc.

Anyway the DBW after a remap produced 191bhp and the NDBW produced 195bhp.

anyway while reading the summarys for both tests i've got the following figures which i can't quite get my head around...

I was just having a quick read of the summarys from my remaps at Amd that i had done last year.

The 1st one i had done was on my 99 T-plate (DBW) 1.8T

and the second on my 02 plate (NDBW) 1.8T

both are A3's etc.

Anyway the DBW after a remap produced 191bhp and the NDBW produced 195bhp.

anyway while reading the summarys for both tests i've got the following figures which i can't quite get my head around...
NDBW 1st
Power at Flywheel (corrected)
194.4 bhp

Power at Flywheel (measured)
190.5 bhp
POWER LOSS 43.4BHP

DBW
191.6 bhp

181.9 bhp
POWER LOSS 32.3BHP

So what i can't understand is that if the NDBW is producing better figures how come its losing more through the transmission? does the DBW have a better response etc or could it be because the DBW was older and more run in?

P.S power at the wheels for the NDBW is 147bhp and 149bhp for the DBW.

Anyway if you can make any sense of my babbling please let me know what you guys think?

Cheers
Dave

yes both standard 5 spoke alloys everything on the cars remained the same. I did wonder if the aircon was left on in the NDBW car as they are made to run with it on...

think you've got the DBW/NDBW wrong way rounf. 99 model would be an AGU cable throttl;e 1.8T, where as 02 1.8T would be DBW AUM.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]

The 1st one i had done was on my 99 T-plate (CABLE) 1.8T

and the second on my 02 plate (DBW) 1.8T

both are A3's etc.

Anyway the CABLE after a remap produced 191bhp and the DBW produced 195bhp.

DBW 1st
194.4 bhp

190.5 bhp
POWER LOSS 43.4BHP

CABLE
191.6 bhp

181.9 bhp
POWER LOSS 32.3BHP

So what i can't understand is that if the DBW is producing better figures how come its losing more through the transmission? does the CABLE have a better response etc or could it be because the CABLE was older and more run in?

P.S power at the wheels for the DBW is 147bhp and 149bhp for the CABLE.

Anyway if you can make any sense of my babbling please let me know what you guys think?

Cheers
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore the corrected figures...Look at the whp figures. They are around the right figure!