Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Powertrack insert, about to go in!!

1st Gear

Status

Powertrack insert, about to go in!!

Just received the power track insert to give me permanent 50/50 awd on my s3 bam; going in next week sometime, cir clip version. Its sitting on my shelf at the moment, great piece of machining, 17mm version id imagine you could just buy yourself at 17mm bolt?? but the cir clip version very specific shape and design. Will let everyone know how it feels and what changes I've noticed! (And eventually over time if it blows out my haldex) Pretty excited since it was only $100 compared to over $1000 for the illusive haldex upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Very keen to hear how you get on with this, just read their eBay advert and it sounds good alternative to the controller upgrade hopefully it works well with no ill effects long term

Nige
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Is this the same as Andrew is producing?

1st Gear

Status
    Powertrack is in, so first impressions: car doesn't lurch at all on take off, stays utterly flat on stock shocks, it just jumps forwards. No binding or grinding or any steering, skipping or noise issues at all at any speed....yet. The only big difference so far is take off feels much more instant and flat. One notable but lesser change, braking feels different, especially from high speed, a little less controlled like the back wants to wiggle a bit, and on a lesser note the car feels as if it wants to free roll a lot more through neutral at speed (also very noticeable when rolling to a stop, feels as if it'll just keep going almost like an auto). As the placebo effects wear off I'll be able to feel things a little better. I'll keep everyone posted as/if anything develops

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I do sell them too but for less than $100

They guy that sell the Powertrack ones is a complete c**k as i'm looking into adjustable ones and he don't like that at all..
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    Is yours out already Andrew?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Not the adjustable ones no not yet

The problem is space

I do make and sell the inserts

FOR SALE
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    Still in progress then.cool ill wait for 6ours i reckon, im sure your keep us posted. Daz

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    Not the adjustable ones no not yet

The problem is space

I do make and sell the inserts
    Hi Andrew how much are your inserts as i'm interested in one?
    2002 S3 8L, BAM, 85,000m, B5 map, B5 tip, K04, small port head, jetex filter & heat shield, Xs mani v3, 3" d/pipe, 200 cell cat, miltek non res cat back system, Sachs DMF & 4 paddle clutch, PCV delete & catch can, N249 delete, AH fab v2 intercooler, silicone boost hoses, Liquid gauge, LCR Brembo's, DS2500 pads, Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, LED bulb kit, aero wipers, manifold heat shield, Aquamist WMI, Mocal oil cooler, Forge short shifter, Dave's rear tie arms. 295bhp/274lbft.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    £60 inc p&p
    kanecullen89 likes this.

FOR SALE

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Has yours been tested andrew? Whats the verdict on how it transforms the car?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    The inserts like the powertrack yes, have had the same reports back as the powertrack insert as it a copy

As for the adjustable ones space is the problem so looking into a electronic was of adjusting

I do have the fancy haldex controller you see where its fully adjustable and to copy that it would be very hard with all the electronics in the ecu and knowing what they all are..

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    So are tuere any disadvantages to your insert? Im not sure why your making an adjustable one?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    It's what some people want.

FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    Am i right in thinking the inserts do the same job as haldex controller by making the drive 50/50 but its just not adjustable?
    2002 S3 8L, BAM, 85,000m, B5 map, B5 tip, K04, small port head, jetex filter & heat shield, Xs mani v3, 3" d/pipe, 200 cell cat, miltek non res cat back system, Sachs DMF & 4 paddle clutch, PCV delete & catch can, N249 delete, AH fab v2 intercooler, silicone boost hoses, Liquid gauge, LCR Brembo's, DS2500 pads, Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, LED bulb kit, aero wipers, manifold heat shield, Aquamist WMI, Mocal oil cooler, Forge short shifter, Dave's rear tie arms. 295bhp/274lbft.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_S3 View Post
    Am i right in thinking the inserts do the same job as haldex controller by making the drive 50/50 but its just not adjustable?
    That's right. 50/50 all the time.

FOR SALE

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Visit westcoast a3's Youtube Channel
    Is fifty fifty all the time better ??

1st Gear

Status
    Andrew have you thought about making that middle pin (the part that is elongated to create the 50/50) threaded and lockable? that way you could reach under the car and spin just the centre bore the raise or lower the pin effecting the power distribution, perhaps have markings around the top of the pin showing the split, and have it notched so you can line up some sort of guide when you turn it. Im never going to need to change it from 50/50. Just a quick q, cause a few of you boys here seem to be the leading authority, just bought myself a replacement clutch switch, was from italy, was too long, and it had a square back instead of a round back (is a blue colour) i cut the lever part to the same length as my last clutch switch, but the clutch now seems super grabby and when i press it down in 1st and 2nd it really throws the clutch open and the car jerks unless I'm really careful, wrong clutch switch sending a strange message? or just, made the actual spring loaded part too short by trimming it? ideas? i know this should be in a different thread but thought maybe someone would know

Neutral

Status
    Hi Andrew, can you pm me your PayPal details and I will send payment across 2nite for you for the insert. Cheers

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I need to know what type of insert you have in your car now

There is two types. one is a 17mm hex bolt and the other type is held in place with a cir clip

FOR SALE

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Maty J

yes i have looked into that but the Haldex oil runs around the Haldex system under 5 bar pressure

FOR SALE

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maty J View Post
    Andrew have you thought about making that middle pin (the part that is elongated to create the 50/50) threaded and lockable? that way you could reach under the car and spin just the centre bore the raise or lower the pin effecting the power distribution, perhaps have markings around the top of the pin showing the split, and have it notched so you can line up some sort of guide when you turn it. Im never going to need to change it from 50/50. Just a quick q, cause a few of you boys here seem to be the leading authority, just bought myself a replacement clutch switch, was from italy, was too long, and it had a square back instead of a round back (is a blue colour) i cut the lever part to the same length as my last clutch switch, but the clutch now seems super grabby and when i press it down in 1st and 2nd it really throws the clutch open and the car jerks unless I'm really careful, wrong clutch switch sending a strange message? or just, made the actual spring loaded part too short by trimming it? ideas? i know this should be in a different thread but thought maybe someone would know
    The clutch switch has no influence over the operation of the clutch... its just a switch.. its used by the ECU so it can adjust how the engine runs to prevent jerking etc...

There is no need to cut a clutch switch plunger to length as its self adjusting

<tuffty/>
    s3gazz likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

3rd Gear

Status
    I am getting the powertrack one too.

I guess they are the same and function the same way as Andrew ones till now, but I can test and compare if Andrew have any interest in it.
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Mine is the same as the Powertrack ones

FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    I need to know what type of insert you have in your car now

There is two types. one is a 17mm hex bolt and the other type is held in place with a cir clip
    Hi Andrew, i have had a look and mine is the circlip type. I use my car some weekends on the road but mainly for track days every couple of months, what are the disadvantages of fitting this insert if i do use it on the road. eg. do things wear out quicker, driveability etc. Cheers Simon

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_S3 View Post
    Hi Andrew, i have had a look and mine is the circlip type. I use my car some weekends on the road but mainly for track days every couple of months, what are the disadvantages of fitting this insert if i do use it on the road. eg. do things wear out quicker, driveability etc. Cheers Simon

I would also like this info please Andrew. Also how hard is it to check which i need? Do i need it on a ramp or can i look underneath the car on the floor?
    thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daz-20vt View Post
    I would also like this info please Andrew. Also how hard is it to check which i need? Do i need it on a ramp or can i look underneath the car on the floor?
    thanks
    Here is a video that answers your question

Powertrack Insert - How to identify the stock insert on your Haldex controller module - YouTube
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Neutral

Status
    thanks
    I did mine on the floor daz just jacked on the rear diff cradle and put on axle stands. I found a picture and just felt up the top and could tell which one it was, you can use a mirror also.

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers guys!! Looking forward to this!!

Neutral

Status
    Any feedback from people using these on the road?

5th Gear

Status
    So this insert basically locks the Heldex, converting the car to permanent 50/50 4WD? How does it work?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    it restricts oil flow in the Haldex system putting more pressure on the clutch plates in the rear diff

Not practical for every day driving

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    I keep meaning to buy one of these. Andrew my car is mostly a track car and the occasional drive on the road. Is this better or worse for reliability/use?

Neutral

Status
    Is it possible to do a 60/40, or 70/30 version?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I keep meaning to buy one of these. Andrew my car is mostly a track car and the occasional drive on the road. Is this better or worse for reliability/use?
    If its running 50/50 all the time then the clutch is fully engaged so the pump is running all the time to keep the clutch engaged so thats the only thing you will have reliability problems with

Quote Originally Posted by Swervedriver View Post
    Is it possible to do a 60/40, or 70/30 version?
    Don't expect your Haldex clutch plates to last long

FOR SALE

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Someone making them cheaper than me and i was told by someone that you don't have to pay tax or duties so bargain

SPORT Insert for HALDEX 1 Generation QUATTRO 17mm HEX head AUDI VW SKODA SEAT | eBay

SPORT Insert for HALDEX 1 generation QUATTRO / CIRCLIP / AUDI VW VAG SKODA SEAT | eBay
    snowy likes this.

FOR SALE

2nd Gear

Status
    fair play posting that to say they are cheaper, not many would

Crunching Gears

Status
    Anyone with a lathe will be at it

You could halve that price and still make a tidy profit - more sales vs higher unit price - you could even make $ overall

A version less than than 50/50 wouldn't burn you clutch plates out any quicker, imho

For anyone interested in knowing what these inserts affect:

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Time Consuming for me when I have head work to do

FOR SALE

1st Gear

Status
    with Powertrack, its possible to turn off haldex?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast