Moisture in Xenons - How to get rid

MattS5

Reaction score
Seems I may have been a little over enthusiastic with the pressure washer when I cleaned the S3 last weekend........I now have some moisture in the lens.
I've tried leaving the lights on to dry it out, but its not working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Any ideas how to get it out ? Or is the a vent on the lenses somewhere that I could aim a hairdryer ?

Cheers

Matt

Had this problem on my Golf VR6 with the crystal clear Mk4 style lamps.

Took the back off lamp unit and put in several "silica gel" pouches that you often find in shoe boxes / packaging as a drying agent (after gently warming them in the oven first). This worked a treat as it removed the moisture and misting and was published as a top tip in the Golf mag.

However! Had the same problem in my S2000 which had Xenons and was told I needed a new headlamp at £400 each! (plus fitting!) It was the seal that had given up. Fortunately for me my extended Honda warranty paid.

When I mentioned to Honda dealer that I couldn't get to the lamp to try hairdrier / silica method he warned me of the high voltage assocated with xenons so take care if fiddling with them.

If the seal is gone the problem may persist even if you get moisture out - maybe the solution is a 2nd hand unit from a breakers, (couple of S3s currently breaking on ebay) but as yours are facelift lights might take some hunting.

Best of luck

Cheers

RGB

I was just about to say that the units are not sealed, so its just moisture from the air. Nothing to worry about!