Borg Warner EFR turbo anyone here using them on their S3? Alternatives?

flatshifter

Reaction score
G'day Lads,

As the topic says,

Anyone running them on a S3? Asking this on behalf of a good friend of mine who's got a 2L stroker, etc etc..pretty much the works except he's having a hard time selecting a turbo. It's like the 7670 he's after.

Alternatively(last resort) is to run the garrett GTX series and was looking at a GTX3076 0.82 or GTX3582 0.63.

Let me know boys

Danny

Ps : here's a teaser of mine for my B5 A4 :)

ea356843980b761292ec913ee8f57bfb.jpg

one fella on here is using an EFR 6758 i believe (may be wrong there) but hes not updated in a while.
Theyre awesome turbos, just expensive and maybe too big of a package for transverse applications.
Wish id have bought one though

The reason why I went with an EFR is for the same price you're paying GTX money, and GTX is basically a GT series with a different compressor wheel and metal cage bearing.
Also to run a GTX you'll need an external wastegate(for me anyway), diverter valve and needs some plumbing work done which adds cost. I'm running a screamer set up now on my 20G and its stupid loud.

Do you happen to know his forum name?

Cheers mate

Problem using the BW twin scroll turbos are the cost in a new manifold to run the twin scroll setup, they work very well with a cosworth unit and blow the Garrett's away.

GTX doesn't come with a metal cage as std...

<tuffty/>

Good info Paul. Someone told me it is but I doubt it had a metal cage. So the GTX's basically a GT series with fancy wheels :p