Anyone have any ideas?

• Thread starter imported_andrewriding
  • Start date
I

imported_andrewriding

Hi,
Just started to get a(nother) problem with my 1.8T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
The oil light on the dash has started flashing at me. I checked the oil level and that is fine. Suppose it could be a faulty sensor etc and have it booked in for a service anyway (but not for another week). Since I drive about 1000 miles a week in it I obviously dont want to be destroying my engine so was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.

The light will turn itself off after a while and all is fine. 5 minutes later that stupidly loud beep comes back and the light is there flashing away at me again. Any ideas?

Cheers in advance...

i always thought that the oil warning light was one of those lights that meant that you had to pull over straight away, jump out and take cover from the impending repair bill.

Seriously though, the oil warning light means that the oil presure is low - get it checked NOW or it could cost a considerable sum, especially if your turbo is getting starved of oil.....

Yep the il warning is pressure... Its moer than likely a dodgy sender, but not worth elaving it to chance!

Cheers guys,

Got it booked in sharpish for a quick checkover.

Fingers crossed it is nothing too serious.

Thanks for your advice.

There is also an oil level sensor bolted through the bottom of the sump which you may want to have a quick look at to make sure it's ok. It could be somethnig simple like a dodgy plug, wire etc. and may save you a visit to the dealer... just a thought because I had a similar problem a while back and it turned out to be a frayed wire. I repaired it and the problem has never come back since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif