Your ICE install, pictures and recommendations?

LayerzA3

Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't posted very often on here so this will be a semi introductions and question.

I have a 99 A3 Tdi 110 which I am getting on fine with bar the audio...not a bad stock system but I suffered from the usual random volume issue. I've swapped the head unit and rewired the rears to keep the amp and have the rear speaker volume issue.

My solution; rip is all out and start a fresh. I'll be putting a 10 inch sub into the space where the amp is amp and boxing it in. I will protrude a bit but not as much as just having it in the boot, and using the spare wheel spare feels like I'll loose bass and have to do a ton of sound deadening.

I have already replaced the front speakers with Inphase 4" XT42II that I picked up for £12 new on Amazon! These work nicely up front though lack bass. (As a point on these, these are 3 way and I was thinking of bypassing the stock cross over and then also replacing the stock tweeters and having the HU power all 4 front speakers allbeit as "front" and "rear" channel. Any thoughts against this?)

I was just looking for peoples recommendation and reviews of different pieces of kit, I'm on a budget for rear speakers however might get a 4 channel amp for the rears and front (already have a 2/1 channel for the 10 inch kenwood sub).
Also wondering what people have gotten away with size wise replacing the stock speakers, adapters are not an issue as I have a laser cutter so can cut anything from MDF.

It would also be awesome to see your installs and amazing if anyone had a pic of the rear speaker set up as I've not seen what kinda play room I have and won't be stripping out the seats for a week or so and this will help prep.

Hey man, I don't have much input to give you, but how did you get those XT42II so cheap?! They seem to be £30 on Amazon.