Digital boost gauge?

berglin

Reaction score
Website
du.ostabil.nu
9994392535.jpg

Anyone know how that is possible? Pretty damn cool IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Its called "enhanced DIS". Its an add-on box that interfaces with the clocks to display extra functions like boost, oil temp, voltage etc.

Quite expensive if I remember correctly. Do a search on the net, I think you can get it from a few places.

[ QUOTE ]
try "enhanced FIS" for more search hits

homepage

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats the one. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hmmm, thats £285 at todays exchange rate. Very tempting!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try "enhanced FIS" for more search hits

homepage

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats the one. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hmmm, thats £285 at todays exchange rate. Very tempting!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking at these a while ago... seems a great idea, but from memory you also need to have the standard Audi headunit in the car - which I don't want to have to live with just for the boost gauge to work.

[ QUOTE ]

Deffo thinking about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you should man, they look sweet, and about as OEM as you could ever wish for.

With 4 times/second sampling, the display should be nice and responsive too.

It looks like the hardest bit is to connect the boost pipe as well.. no problemo - but it doesnt look like they supply a T pipe.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Deffo thinking about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you should man, they look sweet, and about as OEM as you could ever wish for.

With 4 times/second sampling, the display should be nice and responsive too.

It looks like the hardest bit is to connect the boost pipe as well.. no problemo - but it doesnt look like they supply a T pipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitting the boost pipe was pretty easy on my car - you just need a much longer pipe than you think, you can get the silicone pipe off ebay and the t pieces are sold on demon tweeks. Does look very OEM though.

[ QUOTE ]
9994392535.jpg

Anyone know how that is possible? Pretty damn cool IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read all the stuff about this being for pre-facelift models, but isn't that a facelift dash?

a HUD too
Head-up Display
To provide the best field of vision drivers, we introduce the head-up display for EFU. It projects the measured values on the windshield for off road purpose*.

The head-up display is great addition if you have trip computer, and a great substitute if you don't have a trip computer on your Audi / Volkswagen.

* It may be illegal to operate a HUD in some area due to traffic law with projecting a lighted display on your windshield. Please check with your local police department prior to operation.

been waiting many years for that to come out.

that page was last editied 2004!

[ QUOTE ]
Do they not do one for the facelift models? Would love one of these!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Facelift yes, but NOT 'can bus only' I think.

I've got the EFU in my 2001 facelift A3 TQ

It's a kinda nifty thing, and you may program alarms if you want to.

In my setup I have an silent alarm (means; just show the value of the alarmed sensor) for oiltemp under 80 C, and a *beeeeep* alarm for oiltemps over 120 C, and Boost set as 'favorite'

With this setup the display automatically displays oiltemp until the car is 'ready for some action', then it shows boost as default (pushing the button*1 and it'll cycle all sensors) as long as the oil temp is 'ok' - if the oil temp gets to high a *beeep* alarm goes off and the oil temp is displayed.

*1 I modified the original FIS button; now I can cycle the EFU with the upper button and cycle standard FIS information with the lower.

I will add more sensors to the module later - now it'll only display boost, oiltemp, voltage and speed (from gala).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do they not do one for the facelift models? Would love one of these!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Facelift yes, but NOT 'can bus only' I think.

I've got the EFU in my 2001 facelift A3 TQ

It's a kinda nifty thing, and you may program alarms if you want to.

In my setup I have an silent alarm (means; just show the value of the alarmed sensor) for oiltemp under 80 C, and a *beeeeep* alarm for oiltemps over 120 C, and Boost set as 'favorite'

With this setup the display automatically displays oiltemp until the car is 'ready for some action', then it shows boost as default (pushing the button*1 and it'll cycle all sensors) as long as the oil temp is 'ok' - if the oil temp gets to high a *beeep* alarm goes off and the oil temp is displayed.

*1 I modified the original FIS button; now I can cycle the EFU with the upper button and cycle standard FIS information with the lower.

I will add more sensors to the module later - now it'll only display boost, oiltemp, voltage and speed (from gala).

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pics of yours? Sounds good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*** - Can anyone tell me if this will work on a 2003 S3 with the DoubleDin head unit?

[ QUOTE ]
*** - Can anyone tell me if this will work on a 2003 S3 with the DoubleDin head unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd be better off asking them that question, but I suspect the only way to really know is it buy it!

nervus,

" Twindata Enhanced FIS Unit (EFU) for Audi with Trip Computer

(For Audi model manufactured before July 2001*) "

Thats a No then. .

G2 version is for the later cars, but its been sio long in the waiting (years) i wouldnt hold your breath.

IIRC it probably wont work on mine anyway, as i think they use a cable to the DIS from the radio that Sat Nav populates. Cant recall where i heard this, but i seem to remember it from somewhere