remapping an s3

jamesmcary

Reaction score
I've just bought a 210 s3. I'm looking to remap the car but just wondered if there could be any potential troubles on reliability also was maybe looking at a stage two as some where in Essex has a deal on an.exhaust ect. Where's best in southwest area fro map. I'm by Exeter/Plymouth.

Cheers jamea

Remaps dont tend to make things unreliable. However they have a tendancy to hightlight existing issues that may be unnoticable with oem map. Clutch, maf and others so dont buy a map un prepared for potential costs. As for tuners everyone on here has the best tuner! Its really down to opinion mate. Stick with a reputable name.
My money would only go toward badger 5 or r tech. And i mean only those 2 having been stung before twice!!
lastly stage 1 is a generic map dezigned to work with your oem car
stage 2 is a generic map which is designed to work with other hardware such as fmic, exhaust, downpipe,tip etc although each tuner varies required hardware. A stage 2 map on a oem car wont perform any better than stage 1. Probably worse infact.
all said and done research it for yourself so you can be at ease with your choice. Plenty of info on here. Daz

I've just bought a 210 s3. I'm looking to remap the car but just wondered if there could be any potential troubles on reliability also was maybe looking at a stage two as some where in Essex has a deal on an.exhaust ect. Where's best in southwest area fro map. I'm by Exeter/Plymouth.

Cheers jamea

If you decide on a generic map then Volkscraft in Exeter are Revo dealers.
The owner Matt is a top bloke and will look after you.

Smoke test from Millers Motors then if you want a basic stage 1 map then as said Volkscraft in Exeter, done 3 of my cars with Revo and does a very good job, very knowledgeable . However for a proper map and service make the pilgrimage up to Badger 5 for some proper custom love :)

whats this smoke test all about? sorry im new to this. just to test emissions is it?

and what do you mean by a "propper map" is this car specific?

whats this smoke test all about? sorry im new to this. just to test emissions is it?

Nah our cars have loads of pipes and hoses and you want your car to hold 100% of the boost it requests so a smoke test will highlight any leaky pipe work which would mean less boost and therefore less power.

Nah our cars have loads of pipes and hoses and you want your car to hold 100% of the boost it requests so a smoke test will highlight any leaky pipe work which would mean less boost and therefore less power.

ah right cheers. ill get one of these done before then.

No, but you have to remember each car is different and will perform differently and as a result you should have a map that suits your current car setup and performs safely. If your car is not running at 100% you can't just shove a map on that is claimed to be 260bhp because you won't get it.

Ok. So where is the closest specific one to me which is also good ? I would rather pay more send get one that works well.