removing s3 recaros help/advice

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi all. Was wondering if anyone knows of a guide with regards to removing the s3 seats. Im sure for the actual removal i could figure it out. But i will be leaving them out. As im fitting bucket seats.
So am i ok to remove them without any airbags going off etc.ill disconnect the battery to remove but can i reconnect it safely with no seats in place?
Any tips or tricks would be great. Very nervous about this if im honest!!
Thanks a lot. Daz

Last edited:
whats a racero? is that a really fast kangaroo?

Reactions: daz-20vt
What on earth are you talking about mate?
By the way you spelt it wrong. :whistle2:

Lol I shouldn't poke fun I cant type or spell properly.

As for your original question it cant be that hard as surely you just remove the bolts and they lift out like most seats but yeah I would guess having the battery disconnected would make removing safer

Im just unsure what happens when i reconnect the battery lol. Last thing i want is the lose my airbags. Be nice for some confirmation.
My spelling is terrible sorry for my error, (now edited) but in my defence im an idiot.

The side airbags are in the seats, so you will lose those if you're fitting bucket seats?

To remove the seats, put your head in the footwell and look under the seat. You'll see two bolts, remove those with a socket and extension bar, and lift the seat front so you can undo the electrical connectors.

You'll need to put some resistors or something on the airbag wiring if you aren't connecting airbag seats back up, otherwise you'll get an airbag fault light, and the whole airbag system will be disabled so none of the airbags will work.

Ok cool. But will any of the airbags go off. Im happy with an airbag light until i get them coded out. Im changing my steering wheel so ill only have the passenger one anyway. Thanks for the help so far bud!

Nope, no airbags should go off as long as the key isn't in the ignition when you're disconnecting.

I'd make sure the key has been out of the ignition for a couple of hours so any residual power has drained.

Probably overkill, but better to be careful!