Trailing arm location.

Slackda

Reaction score
Hi guys,

a3 has just failed on Mot mainly minor stuff bulbs out and didn't know about the airbag light failure.

the big thing is near side rear trailing arm rubber bush.

i love a challenge so want to get this fixed my self but, not sure on the location of said bush.

hope some one can point me in the right direction :)

Cool, so I assume that this on the drive end and not at the back end.

Excuse my stupidity I'm good with the engine side of stuff but suspension and steering is not my forte

sorry i deleted thread. i read it wrong i was talking about the tie arms not trailing arms.

mark

This is the trailing arm bush, only found on the Quattro.

Guessing it must be a rear beam, as the way he described the fix was a "quick " job, just pop the cut the old one out and bung a powerflex or similar in as the powerflex are a lot easier to fit compared to oem.

Will get under the car tomorrow and see if I can see it.

Never understood why people fit Polly bushes to the rear of the 2wd cars with a torsion beam.
The bushes need a certain amount of give for the beam geometry to work correctly and maximize the contact patch of the tyre with the road on both sides of the beam.

Rear_Geometry_Onewheelbump_.gif

Rear_Geometry_Fast_002.gif

The bushes out of a Skoda Fabia VRS are stiffer than the bushes fitted to the A3 and Golf and a lot easier to fit. There also only £10 each form ECP. Part number from dealer is 6Q0 501 541 E, but cheaper from Euro Car parts.

VRS vs A3 bushes:

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo