1.8T pricing and tempted by an S3-Advice required

[ QUOTE ]
Velcro, do you not have a piece of plastic that covers the OBD port under the ashtray? Mine has one!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine does too, I'll post up my pics later, it's been one of those weeks so far this week, although mine looks just like the above but with a digital clock.

Which car stereo adaptors have you got there?

[ QUOTE ]
No dodgy ESP either on the early ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, ESP was an optional extra when S3's first came out, also, on early S3's, it's not possible to remove a fuse to disengage the Haldex.

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I just took a pic aswell, but I guess it's not worth posting up now lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Velcro, do you not have a piece of plastic that covers the OBD port under the ashtray? Mine has one!.

[/ QUOTE ]

No i haven't. Its always been missing since i had the car. May contact my local stealer and see it ifs possible to get one.

Which car stereo adaptors have you got there?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean the surround, i ordered it from Audi - it fits pretty well.

A few pics of my car... apologies for the quality couldn't find the real camera... doh.

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

god_thats_quick, now yours definitely throws in a third cluser possibility - digital clocks, with the old S3 logo!

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick, now yours definitely throws in a third cluser possibility - digital clocks, with the old S3 logo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've sure not seen that before!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've sure not seen that before!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mines the same - 2000 X - old logo with digital clock.

B

i thought this was all decided....

The bits like digital clocks and more roundy door handles were introduced about a year before the facelift (which we've decided is late 2000 / X reg models)

so, you're allowed to have a W reg with these new bits on but still sitting squarely in the preface lift camp. which means split headlights, old s3 badge etc.

also of course, the s3 was upped to 225, which again, was AFTER the facelift.

so the moral is: audi make changes to the design that don't all fit into this tidy divide of pre/post facelift.

(did that sound aggressive? sorry)

[ QUOTE ]
i thought this was all decided....

The bits like digital clocks and more roundy door handles were introduced about a year before the facelift (which we've decided is late 2000 / X reg models)

so, you're allowed to have a W reg with these new bits on but still sitting squarely in the preface lift camp. which means split headlights, old s3 badge etc.

also of course, the s3 was upped to 225, which again, was AFTER the facelift.

so the moral is: audi make changes to the design that don't all fit into this tidy divide of pre/post facelift.

(did that sound aggressive? sorry)

[/ QUOTE ]

sounded fine and spot on to me, I just thought I'd post the pics of my car anyway as I said I would!

The A3 was facelifted twice during production, whilst the S3, released midway through the A3's production was facelifted once, that should make things a little more clearer I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif