Post the one favourite picture of your car...

[ QUOTE ]

Love the "Defensive" parking! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Its not only me then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No..it's not just you...

I was down at David Rs this last weekend...and we headed off to Tesco for a beer / fried breakfast run...so I parked at the far end of the car park, over two spaces.
Came back to find some doofus had also parked accross two spaces...right next to me.
Why?

Why, oh why?...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No..it's not just you...

I was down at David Rs this last weekend...and we headed off to Tesco for a beer / fried breakfast run...so I parked at the far end of the car park, over two spaces.
Came back to find some doofus had also parked accross two spaces...right next to me.
Why?

Why, oh why?...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do it myself but I will be after I get the parking damage removed soon - I think the key is diagonally across two spaces!

ps... those are some really nice pics - although the subject material helps!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Taken by my friend Ian I see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lovely car as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know him?
I only know him as Icy...drives a black 16v Mk3 GTI?

The man is a genius with a camera!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've known Ian for years, and as you say he drivers a black 16v Mk3 GTI.

His photo taking and photoshop skills are top class. Just waiting to see if he's going Ultimate Dubs in March as I want him to take some more pics for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly how I park as well. Not worth the risk IMO after repairing 2 cars that had been driven into on car parks.

[ QUOTE ]

Why?

Why, oh why?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps they were annoyed that you had taken up two spaces! No offence to you, but it really annoys me when people do that.

My preferred tactic is to park next to the most expensive car in the car park - they are unlikely to open their door onto you. Or park at the end of a row of spaces.

I think occupying two spaces draws more attention to you and might encourage undesirables!

If there are limited spaces then perhaps not. But when there is a large number of spaces at the end of a supermarket car park, then sod 'em, I'm gonna take two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok, well this is my 1st time using photoshop and i don't have many pics of my car so here's what i came up with! Its even got taccy Neons!

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
best pic from wen i had me a3

vwshowsantapod24apr05003.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I've asked before, but what percentage tint is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant remember now mate, its 3 differnt shades though gettin darker to the rear, go and see phil at autoraft hell probably no

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
best pic from wen i had me a3

vwshowsantapod24apr05003.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I've asked before, but what percentage tint is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant remember now mate, its 3 differnt shades though gettin darker to the rear, go and see phil at autoraft hell probably no

[/ QUOTE ]

I went and visited Phil yesterday as it happens (What a sound bloke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif ), but forgot to ask about your car.

Although I went and visited one of his mates today in Buxton with a Silver S3 instead so I could get a better idea of them on an Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great pics Glen, or should I say David and this Icy fella.

David showed me some others and some vids last weekend...you donuting...tut tut tut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought David was the most graceful.

Like the reg too.

AL

that porche is amazing, love the plate as well,

your a very lucky man!

[ QUOTE ]

49531141-7915-02000155-.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

..... Best photo on this thread so far for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Lucky, lucky man!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

are they ACE wheels and do you have a more side on pic of them?

49531141-7915-02000155-.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

..... Best photo on this thread so far for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the wonders of a Pentax Digital SLR, a great model and sunstroke!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

still think its a strange looking A3/S3 (8L Chassis) if you ask me...

I hope you A3 boys (and Mods) don't mind but as we've already had some non A3 pics I thought i'd post up my fave of the A4.........

655761-Bub%5C%27sS-Line026.JPG

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've always like these pics...

S3%20with%2019s_2.jpg

chrome%20mirrors.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you selling your car on Ebay recently? As these pictures were with an Imola S3 for sale on there.

[ QUOTE ]
If there are limited spaces then perhaps not. But when there is a large number of spaces at the end of a supermarket car park, then sod 'em, I'm gonna take two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

Worth bearing in mind too supermarket car parks are sloped to allow rainwater to run off, so it's worth parking at the top of the slope to minimise risk of runaway trolley induced dings.

is that a brochure shot matt? loverly.

i'd like to know actually, has the S3 ever come with anything from the factory other than the avus 17"?

cheers!

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to know actually, has the S3 ever come with anything from the factory other than the avus 17"?

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup....the later cars had 18" RSTT type wheels as an option.

whats the year roughly on that introduction? is the last dribs 52reg onwards, or a facelift thing?

cheers again!

[ QUOTE ]
whats the year roughly on that introduction? is the last dribs 52reg onwards, or a facelift thing?

cheers again!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a facelift thing...mine was a 2001 Facelift...and they weren't an option when I ordered.

I think it was 2002 onwards..

[ QUOTE ]
is that a brochure shot matt? loverly.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. A mate took those for me on Sunday.
I've got 4 or 5 more but wont post them here, I'll get them linked elsewhere and post the URL of the thread. The car looks superb in them though.
Cheers for the comments guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i shall look forward to them matt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Struggling to get them anywhere else, so I've tucked them in here....they are wicked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

edit1.jpg

edit2.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit4.jpg

edit5.jpg

edit6.jpg

Matt...
Is it me, or does it look like you have an Imperial Stormtrooper sitting in the back, on the drivers side? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

He's there!! The Stormtrooper is there in other photos...

The Dark Side is strong with you...

They are great photos...your mate has a real talent...not to mention a decent camera!