Reaction score
Hello people.

I have a S3, with a hybrid.
I want a exhaust manilfold.
But who is the best manifold to fit
. 2012 08 10 18145219Badger 5IMG 1197
Can someone help me?

i have read that and is very very good.
But can a XS our relentless manifold with 47mm, be better?

Are you from relentless?

Reactions: sssline and superkarl
i have read that and is very very good.
But can a XS our relentless manifold with 47mm, be better?

Better at what?... if you don't mind its thin walled tube, hit and miss fitment issues, non existent quality control then who knows...

To achieve 47mm it would need a new bend and flange welded on at the least I would imagine and then it may not allow enough room for the bolts... you can try it if you want but the relentless manis glow like the sun... the cast one doesn't...

Give it a go :)

<tuffty/>

Iam just a man who wants to upgrade his exhaust manifold.
i already send the exhaust turbo to be ported to 47mm.
i dont like relenteless. iam talking in that kind of manifold.
My question is can a tubolar manifold be better than iron manifold?

Iam just a man who wants to upgrade his exhaust manifold.
i already send the exhaust turbo to be ported to 47mm.
i dont like relenteless. iam talking in that kind of manifold.
My question is can a tubolar manifold be better than iron manifold?

Depends on the design and depends on your definition of 'better'... tubular manifolds by design are supposed to be better than typical cast manifolds as collector design is key to power etc... tubular designs typically use merge collectors which are more effective top end than the collect designs of most cast manifolds but... if you have indeed read through the thread I posted its more that the cast mani in context has produced more power with decent EGTs and not glowing yellow like others do... the cast mani is easier to fit, will be more reliable and produce comparable or better results..

<tuffty/>

+1 for Badger5 Manifold, no fitment issues what so ever... And a total moron fitted it :D

+1 for Badger5 Manifold, no fitment issues what so ever... And a total moron fitted it :D

Do you have to be as competant as a total moron because i was hoping to fit my own?

I couldn't say mate.. A garage did it for me, but it was a garage operated by morons. They had my car for three weeks.

They couldn't fit a relentless downpipe.. So if you can do that you should be well on your way.

I was shocked in the change of engine note after fitting, car sounds absolutely awesome now - well impressed, would recommend the manifold to anyone in the market, just can't wait to see what it does when tuned to stage 2!

Does that mean it can be fitted without removing the engine or head?

Mine was definitely fitted without removing the head being removed. Think the garage had to remove subframe, turbo and transfer box.

Depends on the design and depends on your definition of 'better'... tubular manifolds by design are supposed to be better than typical cast manifolds as collector design is key to power etc... tubular designs typically use merge collectors which are more effective top end than the collect designs of most cast manifolds but... if you have indeed read through the thread I posted its more that the cast mani in context has produced more power with decent EGTs and not glowing yellow like others do... the cast mani is easier to fit, will be more reliable and produce comparable or better results..

<tuffty/>
better to me means more power.
Tubular should be better but the engine with more power with k04, have badger 5 manifold.
thats why i ask about manifold