Better high beam

david7m

Reaction score
Hi
Been down the stickies and can't see anything.
Currently got standard high beam, i.e. yellow.
What size bulb is it ?
Any recommendations or links?
Dave

H7 is the standard size for them.

Osram nightbreakers are pretty good and get decent reviews, however I just got some for the wifes care from Lidl, they had some in there for £3.99, I went for the Xenon ones instead of the other +50% more light ones and they have made a massive difference.

are 100w ones illegal if just used for main beam?

100w will be too hot and may ****** the wiring the nightbreakers are good

i've been using 100W for the last year or so. haven't had any problems

Cheap bulbs marketed as xenon, super bright white and all the rest aren't really anygood from my experience, they might look brighter but the actual beam they produce and more importantly the cut off don't compare to a branded decent bulb.

Fit some osram nightbreakers, about £12 off ebay and be done :icon_thumright:

as you can get a set off ebay for just over £4 for a set of 100w high beam bulbs I am gonna try a set as hardly use my high beam but when I do I would like to be able to see more if possible.

Gonna also get some 6000k xenon bulbs the main beam D2S ones and see if I can match them all nice n crisp white

Last edited:
Holy cow £39.99 for one bulb! am sure trups on here does them for £20 a pair and there are sets on ebay for under a tenner

Yep you're right! Just ordered two pairs for both cars from trups. Cheers.

I like halfords rally bulbs, with a trade card they are about 3quid each, had them in my Leon, focus and fiesta with no problems using existing wiring

Got the night breakers in, don't seem any better on the drive! Can't go out yet as waiting for dip stick replacement.
With only one in, couldn't tell which was the new one!
Hope it better when I can get out......
Dave

im not a fan of the nightbreakers, ive used halfords extreme brilliance in all my cars and never had a prob with them and they are loads better than the standard ones

Holy cow £39.99 for one bulb! am sure trups on here does them for £20 a pair and there are sets on ebay for under a tenner

try £130 a bulb from tps :scared2: