What H rods

c20tbo

Reaction score
So after a strip down of my 85k S3, the miss-fire diagnosis, low compression on no1 has been put down to a damaged piston ring, not entirely sure on failure cause but looks like a small section of the ring has gone up wards and rattled around a bit, the rest of the ring was still intact albeit a bit squint, piston is shot but on the good news side of things there are no scores in the bore surprisingly, few marks on the head but nothing major, big end shells and crank perfect.

My question is now if or not to stick in a set of H rods, Any info on what type of rod or best place to purchase them would be great....will purchase a new standard piston and put it all back together

By the way not the easiest of cars to work on......those down pipe nuts and turbo bracket were a Bi**h

Robert

You want to be looking at rifle drilled rods mate... integrated engineering or pag parts ones... Bill at Badger 5 normally keeps IE ones in stock (although IE seem to always run out)..

Might be able to help out piston wise... I have a set of S3 pistons from my old engine on my shelf somewhere

<tuffty/>