EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Central locking pump

Hi all,

I discovered with the help of these forums that my central locking pump might be faulty as the central locking stopped working and the electric windows too. Today I removed the pump and the sponge surrounding it was wet through. Upon removing the electrical plugs there was slight corrosion on the pins of the pump and the connectors. Will the pump need replacing or if I dry it out and clean the pins will it work again? I have reserched a well known online auction and put the code in which on mine is 8D0 862 257. There are a lot of pumps on there but none with the same code as mine. There are a few with the same code but the code has an E on the end and mine doesnt. Will the pump with code 8D0 862 257 E fit mine? Also the price on these is £50 plus postage. Is this expensive? There are cheaper ones but the code doesn't match. Will a pump with code 8L0 fit? Also I don't want this to go again so was wondering why it is wet where the pump lives.

Thanks a lot

Si

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure on the pump but check your rear washer connection it's a good chance that's causing the water it should be visible if so. Maybe get someone to run the rear washer whilst your looking at the back?

come fly with me

Status
    Not just any pump would fit. Each pump with a letter have different properties. There is a thread on here explaining what each one is capable of. Some have remote locking some don't etc...
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks i'll check the reas washers tomorrow and have a look for the thread on the pump codes

Reverse Gear

Status
    Upon clipping the base off the pump I noticed burn marks on the circuit board so have just bought another off e-bay.
    Now just a small matter of reprogramming it. Hope this is easy

come fly with me

Status
    Found this from a thread:

8L0 862 257 early model remote c/l pump, has limited functions e.g wont operate door pin led's or flash indicators on unlock
    8L0 862 257 'A' early model non remote
    8L0 862 257 'H' 98-99 non remote pump
    8L0 862 257 'G' 98-99 remote c/l pump uses 2 button remote fob
    8L0 862 257 'P' 99+ facelift model pump, all facelift have remote c/l and so behaves oddly if you use the key to open door (drivers door only will unlock untill you turn ign. on) they also use a different siren (batt back up type) so arent compatable with earlier cars
    8D0 862 257 'E' as above
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Jay, Mine is the 8D0 862 257 model which operates central locking, electric windows and indicators flash open opening/closing. I got the same model off ebay so hopefully things should be fine. I took the car to a garage a couple of days ago and asked him about this. He said 2 wires in the drivers door will have broken and told me book it in for repairs. I mentioned it could be the central locking pump and he said no its definately the 2 wires, i've fixed this a thousand times. I looked for the 2 wires whre he said and there is a lot more than 2 wires and these look absolutely fine which is why i removed the pump. Won't be going back to said garage again!!!

come fly with me

Status
    Good luck mate. I had a chap on here called tom aka @udi a3 he programmed my setup.
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech