Coil packs

Audi_A31.8T

Reaction score
Ok have faulty coil packs but just wondering which ones do I get I have an aum engine but an aeb head which takes bolt down coils id like to get these as mine are just pushed in ATM but will the connections be the same?

All the connectors are the same as far as I know for these era cars. Certainly my brother and I swap coils and his is a Leon.

Ok have faulty coil packs but just wondering which ones do I get I have an aum engine but an aeb head which takes bolt down coils id like to get these as mine are just pushed in ATM but will the connections be the same?

AEB head code makes no difference... cam cover dictates (to a degree) the type of coil pack used... in actual fact if you ordered coil packs for an AEB they won't even work on your car...

Not knowing your setup I would suggest using push in packs (OE ones from a dealer or TPS) and make sure you have the push down type cam cover fitted

If I understand what you are saying though you have the AEB head and its got the bolt down type cam cover? if this is the case you can either source a proper cam cover and use the coils designed for the car or you will have to order coils for an APY S3 as these are compatible with your wiring and are bolt down type

If you give a dealer your reg number you will end up with push downs

<tuffty/>

You have a facelift AUM A3? thats had an AEB head fitted?

Push downs will be fine

<tuffty/>

They aren't OE ones from what I can see... the intermotor sticker is a give away...

You can check the others by pulling off the plugs and looking at the lettering on the coil packs connector... it should haev a part number and the word 'VAG' on it somewhere if they are OE

OE coils you can get from a dealer (Audi, VW, SEAT or Skoda as they are all the same) or TPS...

<tuffty/>

Phone your audi dealer and ask about the coil pack recall... They'll book it in and have a look to see if any of them are eligible

And if you're REALLY (and I mean REEEAAALY) lucky they'll give your car a clean as well :cool:

I doubt they will change non OE ones...

New they are 30 ish each IIRC

<tuffty/>