EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daz-20vt

Thread: Where's the driver Recaro up/down microswitch?

1st Gear

Status

Where's the driver Recaro up/down microswitch?

I've read something about someone getting their up/down adjustment working by wiggling the plunger on their microswitch, as it was stuck down.

Where the heck is it?!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    If you're sitting in the seat, it's about where your hip is, but obviously underneath the seat.

It's actually quite difficult to see with the seat all the way down.

Look for a plastic square block, only about 5-10mm, and it has a rubber covered micro switch in it.

Easiest way to access it is to undo the two bolts the heads of which face the pedals, accessible from the footwell. Carefully lift the seat up from the front and disconnect the wiring, then it's easier to see.

Be careful undoing the yellow connector as that's the airbag, so make sure the key isn't in the ignition etc.

edit; should have said, your right hip, so right hand side of the seat as you sit in it!
    Last edited by Tooks; 20th February 2014 at 19:53.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

5th Gear

Status
    Is your seat in max up or down? If its up then lucky you. Mine was down and it was a nightmare!!
    I fixed mine (luckily and patiently). Without removing the seat. There are 2 micro switches.one to stop going up and one down.

5th Gear

Status
    The best thing to do is lift your working seat all the way up you will see them easily. They are in the same spot on each seat. As soon as i touched the micro switch it worked.

1st Gear

Status
    Neither seat works, so still in the dark!

Looks like it's stuck down to me.

5th Gear

Status
    Dammit. Well you really are going to struggle im sorry to say. Every other switch work? Not a fuse or something? The one you need will be on the left hand side of the seat as you sit in it. Its easier to see from the front so slide it back as far as posible. There is a plastic trim on the side by the handbrake etc. I believe its under there. Its a white and blue nipple. Being stuck down is so much worse.ill try to get pics tomoz for you. And then ill try to learn how to post pics afterwards lol.

5th Gear

Status
    The other switch is on the right and easier to view from the rear incase anyone elses seat gets stuck up rather than down

1st Gear

Status
    It might actually be stuck up. I'm not really sure... Are you saying there's a switch on both sides of the seat?

5th Gear

Status
    Yeh. They are designed to stop power to the motor on its highest and lowest position. So on the way up a microswitch is compressed and kills power to that switch but leaves the power on to to the downward switch. The problem is the micrswitch tends to stick shut. So although its safe to go down the switch is shut not allowing it to. (Or the other way around)
    Im hoping this makes sense.
    Just think and look at it logically. Find the base bars which are fixed to the floor. Then theres some bars that rise from them to lift you. Look at the seat and if at any point its close to touching the floor its stuck down.
    Looking underneath the seat when its up is pretty obvious its up. Lots of room compared to no room

5th Gear

Status
    Shame your not local id be happy to help. Its tricky but once you spot them its obvious.one will be compressed and one wont be. You need to free the switch on the one that isnt compressed.
    I will get you pictures either today or tomorrow. I was ntending to post my fix anyhow.
    s3dave likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    That would be great it you could!

5th Gear

Status
    Ive had a manic weekend iwill defo do this for you but havent had chance. Do not let me forget!! If you know where they are its easy. Ill do it asap.

1st Gear

Status
    *nudge*

5th Gear

Status
    Dont panic i havent forgotten. Im taking my seats out the car this weekend so perfect time for pics!!
    Try this first tho.
    You say both are stuck down so go to the passanger seat, there is a plastic trim down the side of the seatwhere the buttons are. If you look for 2 scres under the seat at the front that go into that trim holding it on. Remove the screws and this gives you the ability to pull the trim away a bit(dont pull too hard and break it)
    The micraswitch u needis behind that trim. Very easy to spot if u pull the trim away.
    Its a phillips screw not a pozi be careful not to damage the head.
    Pics will follow!!

5th Gear

Status
    It will take u 10 mins to try this. You will know when you see it. It has a blue and white nipple on it.

1st Gear

Status
    I had a look earlier, but didn't see the screws. It was a very brief look though. I realised the passenger seat is fine, it's just the driver's that doesn't work. No idea why I thought they were both dead. Too much on my plate recently!

1st Gear

Status
    Now then. Did you manage this?

5th Gear

Status
    I have my passanger seat out now. But drivers seat is still in. I will sort pics for you. I think for you seeing its drivers seat stuck down rather than up you may need to remove it. Very tight for space. I havent forgotten i will do this!!
    Your passanger seat works ok doesnt it?